Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2018, 00:08   #61
BHPian

Re: Maruti SX4 : Sudden appearance of Creases on the rear quarter panels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
The first case reported on Team BHP had this issue at just 18k kms on ODO. In my case, it was very mild at 1 lakhs km (left side). The car has run more than 1.2 lakhs km now and the crease is very prominent on left side and has even appeared on right side.

I believe this issue is seen mostly in SX4's which are driven on bad roads, full load etc.
I have observed these in my cousins 2010 make SX4 VXI back in 2012, in 2014 car met with an accident and only rear bumper got damaged, we gave car to FNG for repair and along with bumper Garage owner also changed rear quarter panels (if i remember correctly) and these creases vanished no denting painting required though. Cost was approx 13k ballpark.
I hope this helps.

Last edited by theMAG : 20th August 2018 at 00:37. Reason: Typo fixed. "Quadra"="quarter"
sankdeshmukh is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 21st August 2018, 01:07   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti SX4 : Sudden appearance of Creases on the rear quarter panels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
I have observed these in my cousins 2010 make SX4 VXI back in 2012, in 2014 car met with an accident and only rear bumper got damaged, we gave car to FNG for repair and along with bumper Garage owner also changed rear quarter panels (if i remember correctly) and these creases vanished no denting painting required though. Cost was approx 13k ballpark.
I hope this helps.
In a monocoque, the rear quarter panel is a welded-on component. Changing this will require it to be cut off the vehicle and the new panel to be welded to the car. This, if attempted, will need specialized fixtures and labor. Hence, a quarter panel may often be repaired rather than replaced, by hammering the damaged area to a relatively flat surface and then applying a body filler to smooth out the damaged area to match the original surface and then painting.

Mostly your FNG would have done the same.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks