Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2018, 10:49   #16
BHPian

Re: A/C compressor cuts off whenever I release the brake pedal

Some cars have a way of resetting the entire air conditioning system without the need for the OBD port. Mercedes for instance. You need to press/press hold/press repeatedly a few of the AC control buttons in a particular sequence and you can reset the AC system. I tried Googling about a similar procedure for Suzuki/Maruti cars, but couldn't find one.

Does anyone know if a reset procedure is available on all cars or is it specific to certain makers only?
Old 14th September 2018, 20:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
AC compressor cuts off only when the temperature has fallen to cut off levels OR under sudden acceleration.
Excess head pressure.
Not related to the issue in this thread though.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 12th January 2019, 10:11   #18
BHPian

Apologies for not getting back with what the Maruti guys said about this.

They state that the AC cut off when releasing brake pedal and during reversing is a normal thing in this particular car and all dzires with 1.2 L engine and AT setup. This setup is hardcoded in the ECU and they can do nothing to change it.

So for all owners of this specific car, it is all about enjoying the traffic jams in summers, sweating with the AC on coupled with single digit 'kitna deti hai' figure. Totally UNDEZIREABLE!
Old 28th May 2019, 08:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hello members!

I own a 2012 Dzire with a 1197 cc K series petrol engine mated to a 4 speed torque convertor automatic transmission.

It has a very strange behaving AC. When moving at crawling speed (when no accelerator input is needed) in stop go traffic (say in a traffic jam) or while reversing, the AC cuts off whenever I release the brake pedal.

When crawling forward, on releasing the brake, the AC compressor gets cut off. If I brake again, it switches on and on releasing the brake pedal, the compressor gets cut off again.

Does anyone out there has a solution to this weird problem? What really could be causing this to happen?
Allows you to use all available engine power for acceleration; this is what I remember reading somewhere about the Chevy Camaro/Corvette. There the compressor would be disconnected on hard acceleration.

However, I'm not sure what the intention is on the Dzire, though I like the idea of using the compressor to to decelerate and save energy in cooling the car.

I wanted to implement this on my car by connecting the brake lights to the compressor clutch energizing relay.

I would check if there was a connection between the brake lights circuit and the clutch circuit. Maybe the previous owner was thinking like me.

Most Viewed