Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2007, 12:06   #1
BHPian

M800 : Sound from rear

Posting from original thread :

Hi,

Firstly,

Its freezing cold here in my City somewhere around 9 degrees. I am getting a sound from rear left side ( or left tyre - fuel inlet side) of M800 ( atleast it seems to my ears ).

The sound is kadd .. kadd .. kadd. I am feeling it from last 20 days. Its not very loud but yes very much noticeable. I get the sound when I press accelerator. As soon as I release it , the car runs smoothly without sound. Its more noticeable when I start in the morning. What
can be the problem. Can I ignore this or should I visit service centre.

Secondly,

From the same side I get vibration sound when I reverse my car. Are both these problems interlinked ?

From the same side, I got my car repaired in Oct. The brake fluid was leaking infact at the time of repair there was no fluid. So he replaced something on that wheel ( I don't recall what it is called ). And In the morning days sound of engine has increased from the last few days ( when idle ).

This is all info I can provide at this moment. Please help.
Old 7th January 2007, 09:51   #2
BHPian

can anyone help me out here
Old 7th January 2007, 16:48   #3
Team-BHP Support

Are you sure its the left rear???

If its left front, must be the shaft... I had a damaged shaft sometime back, and it used to give thud thud sounds on reversing and turning, and accelerating...

Did you check with the service centre???
Old 7th January 2007, 17:45   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Are you sure its the left rear???

If its left front, must be the shaft... I had a damaged shaft sometime back, and it used to give thud thud sounds on reversing and turning, and accelerating...

Did you check with the service centre???
yes 90% its rear left ( petrol inlet side).

It has something to do with winters. Usually I drive in the morning 9:00AM the sound is quite audible and back home around 7:00 PM. But I did'nt not noticed at all when I went to market aroound 12:00 noon. Th problem was not there neither while reversing nor while driving.
Old 7th January 2007, 17:48   #5
Team-BHP Support

get your brake liners in the rear checked. could be due to cold the brake liners expanded a little and are fouling. is the sound like something rubbing?

else get the suspension checked. which model is your 800 leaf springs or the independant ones?
Old 7th January 2007, 18:19   #6
BHPian

Quote:
which model is your 800 leaf springs or the independant ones?
its sep 2004 E-II model.

Quote:
]get your brake liners in the rear checked. could be due to cold the brake liners expanded a little and are fouling.
I get a sound ( sometime ) when I release parking brakes ( hand brakes ). It sounds like "Kadak" when a release. Just one sound.

Quote:
the sound like something rubbing?
its like kat kat kat .. not loud but still audible

Is it something serious ?

Last edited by navdeep : 7th January 2007 at 18:24.
Old 18th January 2007, 16:21   #7
BHPian

Update : I got it checked. The sound is from bearing of axle. He said continue to drive as long as you can, it need to be replaced with new one. There no harm in driving in same condition.
Old 18th January 2007, 21:40   #8
BHPian

i dont think driving with a bad axle bearing is a good thing..... firstly your tyre will start wobbling slightly in higher speeds and secondly depending on the bearing damage it will unevenly wear out your tyres.
its not too expensive to replace.....i suggest your get them replaced soon.
Old 19th January 2007, 09:20   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
i dont think driving with a bad axle bearing is a good thing..... firstly your tyre will start wobbling slightly in higher speeds and secondly depending on the bearing damage it will unevenly wear out your tyres.
its not too expensive to replace.....i suggest your get them replaced soon.
sound is heard only for 2-3 kms intially then its fine. he said its just begining. Replacement cost was around 2300/- . How much did u pay ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks