Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2007, 14:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
My alto has front kit. Not the 4 window version. Works fine to date. Survived a crash too. It closes the windows by itself when the doors are locked using the remote.
Zak, I already have a Nippon security system installed. Can I integrate the power windows with the security system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
I would like to suggest that you take a look at Xenos products too.
Do they have power window kits?

Quote:
4 windows kit costs around 11k+.
Both comes with Auto wind up option. Get it.
Can the rear windows be operated from the front or only from the rear? Is there a rear window operation locking facility like in OE power window fitment?

Last edited by mail4ajo : 16th January 2007 at 14:11.
Old 16th January 2007, 20:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Saw this website on Xenos window range: Convenience Product Range Price List

They offer only 1 year warranty unlike lifetime on their security products. Any feedback from anyone who has used these kits? I propose to walk down to their office next week to have a look at their installations.
Old 16th January 2007, 21:03   #18
BANNED

Ajo, if you have already fitted Nippon security system, then it's wise to go for their power window kits. You won't be able to integrate the Autocop to Nippon.
Old 16th January 2007, 21:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

there is a simple relay available from autocop which when connected to any power window kit will wind up all the windows when the vehicle is locked. works with all power windows systems even oem ones. it costs around 1200 rupees.
Old 16th January 2007, 22:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
there is a simple relay available from autocop which when connected to any power window kit will wind up all the windows when the vehicle is locked. works with all power windows systems even oem ones. it costs around 1200 rupees.
Is this relay called the UPMODULE? One of my friends has this fixed on his Santro.
Old 16th January 2007, 22:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajo, if you have already fitted Nippon security system, then it's wise to go for their power window kits.
Zak, Does Nippon make the kits? I guess the MGA are Nippon in that case cause their OE Security and Audio MGA is Nippon.
Old 16th January 2007, 23:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Here in Delhi this relay unit sells under the brand name of Scorpio. My accessories guy fitted this in my both vehicles and they work like a dream. As soon as the lock button on the remote is pressed, the windows roll up on their own.

It is kind of groovy and creates an impression. Some of my fellow Scorpio mates fell hook line and sinker when I told them that it came as an OEM with my model-GLx. The funniest part was that a few of them owned SLx - a model higher than that of mine..:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Old 17th January 2007, 11:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

Came across this brand of windows:
: : RAJATDEEP OVERSEAS PVT. LTD. : :

Not sure how quality would these kits be. I may stick to Xenos as Nippon doesn't make the kits. The Xenos dealer in chennai assured that he can integrate the windows to the security system.

I guess I have made a decision after some hard research and valuable feedback from all. Thanks to team-bhp.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:17   #24
BHPian

OHC - Power Window mechanism kaput.

One fine evening (this past sunday) on my way back home, the right side rear power window on my 2002 model Honda City 1.5 decided to call it a day and died half open. No amount of praying, cursing or serenading would make it budge. Tried closing the door hard a couple of times with the hope of shaking up a possible loose connection back to life but to no avail.

Finally decided to take it to the friendly neighbourhood Honda dealer here in Dehradun (Divine Honda) the next day where after a bit of checkup on my babe, the service advisor decided to frighten the living daylights out of me by telling me that the power window motor has gone kaput and a replacement would cost about INR 13 grands plus. The cause of death was unknown to the Honda blokes and explanations ranged from "sir carbon deposit ho gaya hoga" to "peeche ka window kam use hota hai na, isiliye kharaab ho gaya hoga" to the award winning "9 saal purani gaadi mein aisi cheezein hoti rehti hain".

Well, after looking at the poverty-induced expression on my face the friendly service advisor told me to try and check for the part in the spares market in Delhi and Meerut or get the motor inspected by an electrician incase he can revive the poor thing.

So off I went to Auto Performance in Dehradun where I was told that I can choose between an original Honda part for about 10k and a Korean/Chinese model for about 4k. Obviously the Korean would not carry a warranty along with it. In the evening when I went to the fellow to pay advance for the Korean one (dont ask me why), the visibly excited dude told me that he can get me a second hand (read poached from an accident vehicle) original OHC mechanism for 2.5k but with no warranty on the part.

After consulting with my Honda mechanic who preferred the 2nd hand original to the new Korean thanks to the tried and tested Denso motor at work in the original, I went today and got the 2nd hand original mechanism installed in the car . The window works fine now and I hope that 3 days of sleepless nights with a car parked with a half open window even with the monsoons approaching has paid off.

Anyone else who has had a similar issue with the power windows in the OHC or anyone can try and explain why the motor decided to pack up one fine day?

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd June 2011 at 22:41. Reason: Similar thread exists, please use Search before opening new threads. Also post in the relevant sub section. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks