Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2007, 10:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

So do others as well...including those who have used it or using it..!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanapli View Post
The reason being I usually own a vehice for a long period and I do not to invite trouble.
Old 24th January 2007, 11:28   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

ive used 2t oil in indica for some time,i was advised by the technician from tvs delphi service station when i was facing severe problem of dirty diesel,but i did it for a short time considering my car was not designed for 2t oil.
Old 26th January 2007, 16:30   #18
BHPian

I havent found any ill effect of using very small amount of 2T in petrol.......the difference is quite noticeable once we start using it & it works really well.......in old gen. cars drivers used to get benefits by adding few hundred mls of oils in diesels......

2T oils contains PIB(Polyisobutylene) which improves the charecteristic of fuel to give benefits in power & FE.....

For more information see this....

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5906665.html
Old 27th February 2007, 12:30   #19
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys i was totally confused !
Old 27th February 2007, 17:25   #20
mfb

Hey guys,
Recently when I was travelling on a hired qualis in Nepal, the driver used to do the same. He used to add 2T oil with diesel in a ratio. When I asked him about it, he said, the driving is smooth on the mountains and the vehicle gives good pickup as well. And it also takes care of the bad quality of diesel that they get there.
He also said that it's a usual practice in trucks as well.

I somehow had doubts about this theory.
Old 28th February 2007, 00:40   #21
BHPian

If any theory have practical evidence then its working.........adding small amount of 2T in petrol/diesel indeed gives smoothness & increase in power.........this the main reason its used by most of the drivers.......they only know the end result ......I can say that it imparts lubricity to fuels and also changes the physical properties of fuel for best combustion.......

Enjoy....
Old 28th February 2007, 11:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

I've been using 250 ml in tank full deisel in my Indica....never faced any issues except for the terrible smoke!!
Old 28th February 2007, 12:13   #23
BHPian

Won't having wierd compounds in the exhaust damage the cat con? I mean the cat con wasn't designed to process 2T-oil exhaust. Besides, if the flash point of 2T oil is higher than diesel, the exhaust is sure to have unburnt HCs (as witnessed by panky). Very bad for pollution and a lot more work for your real engine oil to do the clean-up...
Old 28th February 2007, 12:17   #24
Team-BHP Support

Yes it can damage the cat con, and there is a possibility that you don't pass the emissions test. Whats good for the engine need not be good for rest of the system.
For example high sulpher diesel is very engine friendly, because of its lubrication properties, but use it in newer engines which require low or ultra low sulpher diesel, you will mess up the emission system.
Old 28th February 2007, 14:28   #25
BHPian

Agreed that adding high amount of oil into tank increases the emission at the cost of passing benefits to engines but as per 2T theory its amount is miniscule...just 0.8ml or 1 ml per ltr......I m very sure that adding this amount never increases the emission......also what normally we have seen people adding just car engine oil that too more then 200 ml.......I have seen numerous people getting same benefit of smoothness & increased performance minus horrible emission with right amount of 2T.....yet here we dont have zero sulpher diesel........there need to be some lubricating additive added with zero sulpher diesel for lubrication else this leads to failure of fuel pump as observed by leading nations who implemented this type of fuels.....

Enjoy...
Old 28th February 2007, 14:45   #26
Team-BHP Support

@finetuning, for engines using Ultra low sulpher diesel, the recommended lubrication solution is to use CI, CJ grade engine oil, and not engine oil in fuel.
Old 28th February 2007, 14:51   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Sorry guys i was totally confused !
That's OK Hellstar that's why u joined team-bhp to clear all ur confusion
Old 28th February 2007, 18:54   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
I've been using 250 ml in tank full deisel in my Indica....never faced any issues except for the terrible smoke!!
And you still continue to use Oil in ur Fuel?.Also does'nt Terrible Smoke affect the FE of the vehicle?
Old 28th February 2007, 19:06   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
@finetuning, for engines using Ultra low sulpher diesel, the recommended lubrication solution is to use CI, CJ grade engine oil, and not engine oil in fuel.
Hi tsk1979,

Lubrication for moving engine part is different from lubrication of fuel particles......engine oil takes care of moving pistons & cylinders & so on but with extremly low sulpher fuel there is less lubrication of fuel itself....with more amount of sulpher say more then 3000 ppm there is no need of adding anything into fuel but is not so with zero sulpher fuel.......now oil companies are seriously thinking of adding some loubricating part so that engine runs well without any failure.....

This concept is based on movement of liquids inside a pipe....flow of high sulpher fuel is more compared to low sulpher.....this drag resistance is high in zero sulpher......engine lubrication is altogather different aspect......

THis link illustrates this...BI-TRON

Enjoy.....

Last edited by finetuning : 28th February 2007 at 19:09.
Old 28th February 2007, 20:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

As most have already said, adding oil to diesel actually improves performance- by a wee margin. This is true, as the oil improves fuel circulation in the fuel pump. Fuel pumps in petrol engines run low pressures compared to diesels. Besides, petrol serves as a superb lubricant. Not so with diesel.

And if you thought this was weird, check this out- I've seen passenger buses, down south, running measured quantities of petrol on diesel engines. Yes. I've seen some buses add petrol to their diesel tanks (unknown ratio; only the conductor/ driver are aware of that) in order to improve perfromance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks