Team-BHP - Rear window rolling problem
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Rear window rolling problem (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/20957-rear-window-rolling-problem.html)

Dudes,
I have a doubt regarding rolling down the rear window of my WagonR.

After i roll it down fully, still three inches of glass is outside ( Basically i mean to say that it is not going down fully ).When i asked about it at the authorised service station, they are saying that it will be like that only for WagonR and Alto .

Is it really like that ? or these guys are lying .
Plz let me know

Quote:

Originally Posted by double (Post 365088)
Dudes,
After i roll it down fully, still three inches of glass is outside ( Basically i mean to say that it is not going down fully ).When i asked about it at the authorised service station, they are saying that it will be like that only for WagonR and Alto .
Is it really like that ? or these guys are lying .
Plz let me know

They are right. Happened to me also abt 2 years ago when I bght the Alto stupid: .Ran back the very next day to the dealership complaining about the rear glass not rolling down completely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by double (Post 365088)
Basically i mean to say that it is not going down fully

The side-impact bars also play a role in determining the down-position of windows.

Sam :thumbs up !! I dont think this could have been explanined any better.Hats off to you.

Damn!!! Sam is posting answers about Non-ICE queries, we'll all be out of our jobs very soon :p

Anyways Double one of the reasons for the window not rolling down is due to the side impact beam which is integrated inside the door which does not allow the glass to go down fully. Nothing to worry about there. The other possible reason Sam has very kindly illustrated for your benefit!

P.S. Sam that car looks suspiciously looks like the Opel Agila, is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 365179)
P.S. Sam that car looks suspiciously looks like the Opel Agila, is it?

And to quote you from another thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 348749)
Abe aankhon se apahij...

LOL!!! sam Ishan was talking about the other car which looks like the WagonR.

vid,

Are all the things rolling fully down in yours ?

The "other" car, my dear boys, is a Wagon R. I used it as the original question referred to a Wagon R. That is a 1999 Suzuki Wagon R.

*shaking head* Do I have to teach you guys about cars now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 365223)
The "other" car, my dear boys, is a Wagon R. I used it as the original question referred to a Wagon R. That is a 1999 Suzuki Wagon R.

LOL Sam I was referring to the Wagon R you posted. From the side styling it seems to be the Opel Agila which was basically a rebadged Wagon R sold by Opel in the European market. Also the headlights have indicators on their sides whereas the indian version has them on the bottom.

Hence my question to you "akal se apahij" :p:p

There is striking similarity between our WagonR and the Opel Agila. Hence the confusion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 365450)
There is striking similarity between our WagonR and the Opel Agila. Hence the confusion.

Agila is the Wagon-R Opel used to sell rebadged as the Agila.

Hallo guys! Do we have a natural tendency to drift apart? This thread is for a specific issue from double.

@double: No issue with your car or with your service center. Your car's door design doesn't have enough space to swallow the whole glass. It's common for a number of cars including mine.