Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2007, 13:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Query: OHC service schedules and costs

Got the 30k kms service done on my OHC yesterday. Cost me around 2500/- for the same. When I went to give the car, the service engineer was recommending I get the major service done which is usually at 40k kms. The reason being the car is over 3 years old now.

But I just told me him to go ahead with the 30k regular service . Was there a need to get the major service done at 30k kms or should i go with the Honda schedule and I stick to their intervals.

Also he told me the major 40k service would cost between 10 to 11ks, reason being they change quite a few stuff from the spark plugs to the AT tranny oil and some other stuff . Is this the right amount? I had read in Shan's vtec thread that the 40k service cost him arounf 6.5k.

Can you guys and other OHC owners give me more info on this ?

For the info I service the car every 5k kms. The last service was done at 25k just a little after I bought the car.

Last edited by Dippy : 7th February 2007 at 13:36.
Old 7th February 2007, 13:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The reason being the car is over 3 years old now.

But I just told me him to go ahead with the 30k regular service . Was there a need to get the major service done at 30k kms or should i go with the Honda schedule and I stick to their intervals.
Well he could have a point with the age but I doubt you'll suffer any problems there. Stick to the schedule but if you do feel something amiss or a little paranoid then get the 40k service done at 35k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Also he told me the major 40k service would cost between 10 to 11ks, reason being they change quite a few stuff from the spark lugs to the AT tranny oil and some other stuff . Is this the right amount? I had read in Shan's vtec thread that the 40k service cost him arounf 6.5k.
That's bollocks! My 40k service costed me around 6-6.5k (as Shan correctly pointed out) and I don't know about AT tranny oil's cost (It can't be THAT expensive) but apart from that everything else should remain the same. Maybe you should call up the other dealer in Mumbai & check with him about the 40k service costs and the list of jobs performed on the car. Then you could cross check with your service centre to see whether maybe they're charging you more for something additional they might be doing (but I seriously doubt that!).

Last edited by iraghava : 7th February 2007 at 13:33. Reason: More info added
Old 7th February 2007, 14:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

go as per the odo reading schedule. the service ppl always want u to do as per their convenience...and 40k service is only around 7k..

for e.g i recently gave my OHC for the 60k service..the odo reading was 58.5 k and i had skipped the 55k service....

the service guy was pretty adamant that i do the 55k service now and come back at around 61k and do the 60k service again !!

also its better to ask the service manager to give u a list of stuff they are going to do during that particular service and give u item wise break up..

for e.g when i asked for teh 60k service cost i was told it cost around 4- 4.5 k. i asked for detailed break up and the service guy could just not give me brea up which added to this amount. finally i got the service done and the bill was for only 2k and got a complimentary dashboard polish also done..i guess it helps if u convey to the service guys that u also know somehting about the vehicle unline MOST honda owners who just have the car sent thru drivers and settle the bill no matter what is done or not...
Old 7th February 2007, 14:31   #4

I just got my 40K service done (at 38K) and it costed me about 8k in bangalore.
Old 7th February 2007, 14:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dippy, you can get more inputs from this thread too

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...estions-2.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
unline MOST honda owners who just have the car sent thru drivers and settle the bill no matter what is done or not...
Spot on. Come across a case where a 1L kms service costed Rs.80k+ in sundaram honda, Chennai. Please note that the same car has been regularly serviced at Sundaram right from the purchase as per manf recommendation.
Old 7th February 2007, 14:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Rs.80,000 for a 1 lakh service?? Thats a rip off something fishy out there
Old 7th February 2007, 15:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

Our Vtec's 40K service cost us 6,095 bucks. Just got the 60K service done last month, this time it added up to around Rs. 2,887. Both services were done by Peninsular Honda (Mangalore).

PS - 45K service (regular service) cost us just 1,092 bucks at Whitefield Honda (Bangalore).

Quote:
Spot on. Come across a case where a 1L kms service costed Rs.80k+ in sundaram honda, Chennai. Please note that the same car has been regularly serviced at Sundaram right from the purchase as per manf recommendation.
You sure it was 80K and not 8K? The car must have surely gone through some major accident repairs/replacements for it to amount to such a huge bill.

Shan2nu
Old 7th February 2007, 15:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

Shan

I remember you mentioning your 40k service bill on the forum thats why i was suprised at the costing told to me. Maybe I should wait and watch till the 40k mark
Old 7th February 2007, 17:19   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Honda actually recommends a service every 10k kms. Its the dealers that want to see your car every 5k. You decide.

My 40k service cost me about 8000.
Old 7th February 2007, 17:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it is 80k. I will try get the bill and upload it here. He was a relator and a week before the car went for service, we traveled around 100kms in that car.

PS: I dont know why it costed 80k. Needed to upload the bill and discuss further on it (if i could get it)

Last edited by Surprise : 7th February 2007 at 17:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks