Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2007, 09:57   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Bosch Wiper Blades - Bad Experience

After reading some good reports on Bosch Wiper Blades,I went in for a pair with great expectations.Sadly,the blades have proved to be the worst I have used so far.

While the rubber has still not started cracking , in less than one monsoon,they have started throwing streaks..very bad streaks.This is inspite of the best care taken.

I have used Syndicate blades from 1998 on different cars under the same usage conditions in the same territory with the same kind of maintenance.They have served me better.

Can someone let me know whom to address this to in Mico?
Old 9th February 2007, 14:01   #2
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
While the rubber has still not started cracking , in less than one monsoon,they have started throwing streaks..very bad streaks.This is inspite of the best care taken.

Can someone let me know whom to address this to in Mico?
What Car ? And where did u get the Blades from .. I have been using them for about 2 years now ... no problems till date ..
Old 9th February 2007, 15:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hell Yes... BOsch baldes are BAD ... My OE blades lasted me three years - went in for Bosch replacements based on a friends recommendation - Horrible - they started streaking in less than a months time! - had them replaced with OE Hyundai ones - been a year since - still working like a charm!
Old 9th February 2007, 15:46   #4
BHPian

i've been using bosch wiper blades on my maruti 1000 for the last 2 yrs..... works well. no streaking, no cracking nothing! its still going strong. mayb u landed up wit poor quality fakes!
Old 9th February 2007, 16:42   #5
BHPian

beware of fakes! am sure you must have got one of them.
Old 9th February 2007, 17:15   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

My car is a Versa..stock Syndicate blades lasted two full monsoons and packed up only in the third monsoon.By the way,the blades I bought are from the MICO dealer here.I ran a fair test through the packaging and am sure they are not fake.

For the wash fluid,I use a very dilute solution of Shampoo in water(say 5ml shampoo in 1 litre water).I have used the same "concoction" in all earlier cars..never a problem
Old 9th February 2007, 17:18   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpscars View Post
beware of fakes! am sure you must have got one of them.
I bought two pairs from an authorised dealer and had the same issues. The blades work fine, but the streaks show up only after some time. I first tried them on my OHC and was so happy that I bought another pair for the Indica. 6 months later, I realised that there were minor streaks on both cars (which were running OE ones till then).

Back to the OE wipers now that work fine.... a lesson learnt there.
Old 9th February 2007, 23:50   #8
BHPian

OMG.. Today finally when my wiper blades could convince me that they needed retirement and I decided to go in for new ones, I see this thread. UUFF I had decided to go for Bosch, but now am in a little dilemma. Is there any one who will vouch for them OR should I stick to my Syndicate OEMs?
Old 11th February 2007, 05:40   #9
BANNED

I would just recommend everyone to stick on to their OEM wiper blades, it's more than enough. There is no need for Bosch blades unless you are living in Chirapunji !!!

And never forget that the performance of Bosch wiper is not light years ahead when compared to the OEM ones....
Old 11th February 2007, 10:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

There are a lot of fake Bosch blades around. Even when you buy an original blade, make sure it has "TROPICALISED", mentioned on the packing. Have been using Bosch blades for over 15 years, but change them every monsoon. The best blades I have ever used, were a brand called TRICO. Sadly, can't find them anymore.
Old 11th February 2007, 18:25   #11
BHPian

u cant expect wiper blades to last more than 3 good monsoons. and besides bosch blades arent much more than the OE replacements.....for that price i think they're worth it.

you should be very careful about fakes. buy from reputed dealers.
Old 13th February 2007, 00:50   #12
BHPian

Hi
My Esteem OEM syndicate wipers lasted me for about 5years. I changed them in this season as they cracked.

And Yes once again they lasted me 5years no kidding on this one.

Tnx n Rgds
P4C
Old 20th March 2008, 16:01   #13
BHPian

The easiest way to take care of the blades is to keep upright when not in use,especially if the car is left in the sun.The rubber does melt & sticks to the windscreen.
I've read somewhere about wiping the blades with newspaper.Don't know if it works though.
Old 20th March 2008, 16:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I would just recommend everyone to stick on to their OEM wiper blades, it's more than enough. There is no need for Bosch blades unless you are living in Chirapunji !!!

And never forget that the performance of Bosch wiper is not light years ahead when compared to the OEM ones....
Mumbai leads the list now. Kerala should be the next as its been raining of the last two weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
There are a lot of fake Bosch blades around. Even when you buy an original blade, make sure it has "TROPICALISED", mentioned on the packing. Have been using Bosch blades for over 15 years, but change them every monsoon. The best blades I have ever used, were a brand called TRICO. Sadly, can't find them anymore.
Why are we look for that?
Old 20th March 2008, 16:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

A wiper blade throwing streaks would be due to several reasons.It need not be a defect at all of the blade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks