Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2007, 12:30   #1
BHPian

Bumpy ride in my Ikon

Hi all,
Off-late I experience the drive in my Ikon to be very bumpy and I literally feel every pot-hole on the road. The car has done about 15k kms. I have tried varying the tyre pressure (from the 32 psi as mentioned by Ford) to see if this makes any difference, but not much of a change.
The car is due for service next week and I wanted to know if I need to ask for any specific thing to be checked during service.

P.S. This may be a dumb question, but can the car's suspension setting be modified like in two-wheelers?
Old 15th February 2007, 12:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Ask them to check out your shock absorbers
Old 15th February 2007, 13:04   #3
Team-BHP Support

how old is the car, hope not too old and hence an aged tyre (which i have 7 years) compared to kms clocked, rubber becomes hard over a period of time

check shocks also make sure ur air pressure guage is correct, 30 on front and 32 on rear works for me, 30 all around is also fine if you are not carrying much load.. keeping in mind best tyre wear which if you can compromise go down till 28 psi
Old 16th February 2007, 16:21   #4
BHPian

Thanks folks. Will get the shock absorbers checked up. Hope it is not anything major. By the way, the car is 2 years 10 months old.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks