Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:31   #31
BHPian

re: Problems in my brand new Mercedes C220d. EDIT: Solved (page 3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm View Post
Thanks VellVector
In this age of advanced electronics, it is next to impossible to check each component and replace the faulty component is a PCB, rather you havo to change the entire unit to keep the integrity of the circuit.
I have a specific query regarding the 9G tronic. I notice that whenever the gear is changed from N to R, N to D1 or D1 to D2 in a slow acceleration, there is a slight noticeable "purr" sound from engine (half a second), sounds like a rev matching thing but I don't see any abnormal rev drop or pick up on the RPM gauge ? I can notice this easily if the windows are rolled down at standstill. Have you noticed this?
It isn't an issue of checking the components on a single board - that is neither practical in the field nor are the service technicians qualified to do that level of diagnosis.

By underlying issues, I meant any wiring or mechanical fault that is leading to a component failing repeatedly. The technicians are trained to depend only on the diagnostic tool which may not answer the entire question of why a system is failing.

I have not noticed any noise like what you described on either of my Mercs.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 19:52   #32
sgm
BHPian

Updates from my side:

The car is still a few days away from delivery.The required part was not available and it had to come from Germany, kudos to the dealer in trying their best to push MBIL to get it in less than 10 days time. The final check from MB India engineers and the road test is still pending, so expecting the car back by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I was offered a courtesy car but I politely refused as I can manage without it. It has given me a chance to explore all the different travelling options in the past few days. Today I decided to go an check the car myself and my son gave me company. He was super excited to check out a few cars at the showroom. I was really happy to see that the car is kept in a covered area and not in an open area.

On a lighter note, as the car is out of service, my son got chance to experience a weekend with Metro train, BMTC bus and auto etc.

I have made friends with the CRM and a few staff members, got my membership in T-BHP

There is a bit of concern regarding the slight noise during gear change which is heard while changing from Neutral to Drive. I couldn't notice any such thing when two other 220D model cars were started and changed from P->N->D. Following up on this. The sound is for a fraction of a second as if the rev goes up a bit, like while accelerating.
Attached Thumbnails
Problems in my brand new Mercedes C220d. EDIT: Solved (page 3)-repair.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by sgm : 7th December 2019 at 20:16.
sgm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 20:51   #33
sgm
BHPian

I got the car back and it drives fine now.
The issue with a slight noise also is resolved. It was coming from the rear view camera. Every time when time the camera pops out or goes back in, it was making a slight noise. Under the instructions from MBIL, the dealer replaced the complete camera and motor assembly for the same under warranty. It is a good catch as many won't notice this easily. I'm too sensitive to strange noises from a car and the surprise sensor failure made me extra cautious and I started looking for any possible issues
The support from both MBIL and the dealer has been amazing, though I had to be extra patient for the parts to come. As these are my initial days with a German and coming from super reliable Corolla days, it was a tough ask.
sgm is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th January 2020, 14:55   #34
sgm
BHPian

Updates
We completed a vacation trip of 1700kms and the car performed flawlessly.
Dear Moderators,
I see that this post is appearing in FB TBHP Page and it is giving lots of negative image to my car. Mods, can we block this from appearing in FB. Considering the support I received from MBIL and dealer during the 2nd issue, they should be highly appreciated. People on FB are seeing the starting thread and missing the good ending
sgm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 10:47   #35
BHPian

Came across on FB, and finished reading in one go! Great to see the happy ending - Congratulations!!! And I do resonate what someone remarked about your god like composure. Look forward to more updates on your ongoing experiences. Please do consider our request and make periodic updates, at least at service points. It's authentic updates like this that allows readers to form well rounded longitudinal view of the ownership experience with a car (Satyameva Jayate!). Deeply indebted to the TBHP forum and it's leaders for continuing to pristinely retain such an amazing platform! Case in point, thanks to Mr Narayan's posts I have an excellent understanding of the ownership aspects of the relatively rare Lexus. As a matter of fact, although priced relatively higher than Merc, the ownership and service experience seems to be materially higher and almost bespoke. Contrasted with, someone on this thread reporting being made to wait till late - for delivery of a MB GLS, no less!
RoadFiend is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks