Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2020, 14:54   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Brand new Hyundai Verna chimes like crazy - Please help

Padmanabha S writes in with his predicament. Please help with solutions. Thanks!

Quote:
Hi Team,

I have a peculiar problem with my brand new Verna 1.6 CRDI SX. It chimes whenever it feels like! I have a recording of the chime too (YouTube video below). Complained to Hyundai India through their helpline and email, but it was of no use. Can you help?

The chime does not have any set pattern. Sometimes it chimes thrice, sometimes 5 / 8 / 13 / 16 times. All of this happens below 60 kmph. One thing I have observed recently is that, I hear the chimes when I accelerate a bit aggressively. The chimes stop the moment the rpm needle goes back down.

If I raise the rpm level in neutral gear, no chime is heard. The car is brand new and has run just 1,000 km.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 15:04   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Brand new Hyundai Verna chimes like crazy - Please help

We have owners hearing random but a single chime in their Seltos' and now this! Off late, the number of issues reported in new Verna has increased considerably. It includes but not limited to - AC system failure, gearbox failures and even electrical issues. When I read about the potential brake issue with Creta, I don't associate the world class quality with the Hyundai brand anymore. Hope they pull up their socks and do a much better job at QC.

Sorry for going OT.

Last edited by ashis89 : 22nd January 2020 at 15:07.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 17:04   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Padmanabha S writes in with his predicament. Please help with solutions. Thanks
Nothing to worry as these are warning chimes from the OEM HU when navigation mode is running and when the speed limit has been exceeded for that particular road the car is travelling on.

Navigation screen ON, top right corner 30kmph warning symbol has turned up which means speed above 34kmph, the chimes will start
Brand new Hyundai Verna chimes like crazy - Please help-img_20200122_1637591600x900.jpg

Go to 'settings' and then click on 'Guidance'. You'll have an option of "Speed Limit". Uncheck if you want (not recommended) or...
Brand new Hyundai Verna chimes like crazy - Please help-img_20200122_1638121600x900.jpg

.... Decrease/mute the navigation volume to 0. It won't be heard here on.
Brand new Hyundai Verna chimes like crazy - Please help-img_20200122_1638361600x900.jpg

Recorded a short video on a near-empty road:

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd January 2020 at 17:11.
a4anurag is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 17:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

I had these chimes coming up from my Verna's infotainment module, I think it was the speed warning. I have stopped using the built-in navigation & removed the SD card. I don't find any use for the inbuilt navigation when there is Android Auto!

Hyundai can say that this is a feature (speed warning) but there is a user experience problem with this - as these chimes got many users confused! A proper warning should make it obvious that it is a warning and user should become aware what the warning is about, without having to fiddle with the settings or having to read up the manual.

Last edited by clevermax : 22nd January 2020 at 17:15.
clevermax is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks