Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2012, 20:55   #16
BHPian

Re: MIL Light glows while running on CNG in Honda city

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeff View Post
I have been using CNG kit on my Lancer for last 1 year and absolutely no issues at all. I can't speak the technical language but the Engine or MIL light is ON whenever it runs on CNG. And goes off when I shift to petrol.

The fitter said that this is normal. I did an MUT setting / engine diagnostics recently at Aquest Auto - Mitsu *** and everything is normal ..all parameters I mean.

So i am not worried about that light being ON during CNG run.
It possibly only means a deviation from pre-set parameters which is designed only for petrol use and it recognises CNG as 'foreign'..

Does that help ? I could be wrong
Hey - I finally went in for the conversion - the results are quite nice - in the City, the City is giving 20-22 km/kg, and on a recent Pune trip without AC, it gave 33 km/kg (I keep telling people I am getting 40 kmpl city and 64 kmpl highway in "Petrol Cost Equivalent" I even bragged to a Honda Activa owner that my Honda is more efficient than his! )

Only one niggle remains - after I start the car, it tends to stall while switching from petrol to CNG - I have to revv it quite hard to keep it running, else the engine dies - the delay between petrol stopping, and CNG releasing, is quite high, it seems. The reverse switch (if i manually go off CNG) is slightly smoother, generally does not stall the car. Have you experienced any such niggles with your car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks