Team-BHP - CNG vs LPG Comparision
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   CNG vs LPG Comparision (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/22225-cng-vs-lpg-comparision-12.html)

LPG does not make any sence at the current rates, I was thinking about installing one, but don't see any cost benifit from the same, CNG definietly is a better option, but if one is going for a new car, nothing better than to opt for diesel car.

So it seems like CNG is the way to go. Hence two very important questions.

1. Is the cost of a sequential CNG kit, which I assume must be about 75k or so, justified for a Swift that drives 50-70 kms a day?

2. Is CNG easily available in Mumbai? i.e. No queueing for hours on end?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble (Post 903813)
So it seems like CNG is the way to go. Hence two very important questions.

1. Is the cost of a sequential CNG kit, which I assume must be about 75k or so, justified for a Swift that drives 50-70 kms a day?

2. Is CNG easily available in Mumbai? i.e. No queueing for hours on end?

I am not aware of cost (Some one can comment on the same) but I can tell you aboult the Queueing is too long for auto riksha and taxis not for the pvt. cars. and in mumbai it is available in good no. of pumps.:thumbs up

price of lpg is 34.50 in thane

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantyrocks (Post 904082)

And price of CNG is 18.90 in Delhi

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantyrocks (Post 904082)

LPG has already crossed Rs.39 per litre here.

Hey can anybody advice me which is a good conversion for Ford Ikon 1.3 Flair.
Should i go for LPG or CNG.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 904290)
LPG has already crossed Rs.39 per litre here.

Pardon my ignorance but is LPG sold in litres or kilos?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 904353)
Pardon my ignorance but is LPG sold in litres or kilos?

It is in litres!!!

What is the fullform of LPG you dont know?lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 (Post 904425)
It is in litres!!!

What is the fullform of LPG you dont know?lol:

Auto LPG is sold in litres while domestic LPG is sold by KGs. I think that was the confusion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 904454)
Auto LPG is sold in litres while domestic LPG is sold by KGs. I think that was the confusion.

But we are not suppose to use that LPG in the cars, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 (Post 904472)
But we are not suppose to use that LPG in the cars, right?

You are right. It is illegal to use domestic LPG in cars. This comes at a huge subsidy from the government.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 (Post 904425)
It is in litres!!!

What is the fullform of LPG you dont know?

Well I do know the full form but as John has kindly pointed out below, I've only ever purchased LPG cylinders & they come rated as kilos hence, the question. That is why I also said "Pardon my ignorance" as I've never bought LPG for a car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 904454)

My accent is running on CNG since Nov 07, there were a few hiccups in January after the car was serviced. but the Hyundai guys replaced the faulty TPS and the CNG guys replaced the faulty timing advancer. my car does about 150-160Kms in 180-190Rs of CNG with AC, in City and about 190 kms on longer routes. No issue about long queues due to good "contacts" in IGL :)

I am planning to install a CNG kit in my 2004 Accent Viva 1.6L. Can you guys suggest me a reputed CNC Installer between Bandra & Andheri.

Thanks.