Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2007, 09:29   #1
BHPian

Overheating problem in corsa...

This was happening in one of my friends Sail. The temp gauge was shooting up to over 75%. He took it to garuda, and as usual, they were not able to figure out the problem and said that this is normal!!!

Now lately he has noticed some strange behavior. In his own words...

Quote:
I think I finally found the reason to the car overheating. It used to happen only in the evenings and yesterday I realized it was due to the headlights. As soon as I turn on the lights (even if it is just the parking cum fog) in a little while the engine temp steadily shoots up. So today morning I drove with lights on and off to confirm, since I had never seen this happening in mornings before.
While he was on this debugging mode, he also found that the backlight, on the ac vent, fan control knobs on the central console dosnt come on. He is suspecting that these could be related and fuse has blown and the battery is overloaded etc.

Earlier at garuda, he has confirmed that coolent is in good shape and all the fans are working fine. Any insight on this will help a lot...
Old 14th March 2007, 10:32   #2
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has he converted to a HID kit? coz sometimes the relay that he's running for his lights tend to create issues. It absorbs a lot of power and when the fan kicks in the speeds too slow to keep the car cool.I've faced this with an astra
Old 14th March 2007, 10:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
has he converted to a HID kit?
All original fittings... He has not changed any thing in the car. Except he added a pio HU.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks