Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2007, 20:45   #1
BHPian

Tuning turbo charged engines.

Have a look at what this guy from India can do for engines from varied manufacturers. Wondering if he could do anything for the ECU of my GTX though I gather from the article he tunes only turbo charged engines. Bye and wear your seat belts.

Vishnu Tuning Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX - AutoWeek

Old 25th March 2007, 20:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, Vishnu only does Evos and Imprezas.
Old 25th March 2007, 20:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Drat!!
wish he was doing other ecus too. would've loved to mail him my miata ecu for further remapping!!
Old 25th March 2007, 20:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Drat!!
wish he was doing other ecus too. would've loved to mail him my miata ecu for further remapping!!
Your Miata is TC??
Old 25th March 2007, 20:56   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Drat!!
Why don't you just turbo it?!
Old 26th March 2007, 04:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Why don't you just turbo it?!
I had been thinking about it but a Miata after all is a small car and i honestly dont fel very safe driving in her. I would rather turbo a fixed head (coupe or a 4-door) ...dont know it handles gggrrreeat but still feels really fragile to turbo and even with the remapping, i would not go in for an absurd power increase, its fast enough to be scary already...but does she sound like a million bucks even now. Id be open to turboing the Palio (when i get it finally). it would be interesting to know where the turbo would fit in an already cramped engine bay.
Old 26th March 2007, 04:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had been thinking about it but a Miata after all is a small car and i honestly dont fel very safe driving in her. I would rather turbo a fixed head (coupe or a 4-door) ...dont know it handles gggrrreeat but still feels really fragile to turbo and even with the remapping, i would not go in for an absurd power increase, its fast enough to be scary already...but does she sound like a million bucks even now. Id be open to turboing the Palio (when i get it finally). it would be interesting to know where the turbo would fit in an already cramped engine bay.
Well, I've seen a couple of supercharged V8s in Miatas, and they REALLY have cramped engine bays. How about just a low boost turbo, for some added punch?
Old 26th March 2007, 04:25   #8
Senior - BHPian

that is thinkable but i was thinking of an upgrade from the Miata to something more hard core...what i havnt decided on as will all depend on what and for how much it comes in my way.
Old 7th May 2007, 04:35   #9
BHPian

GTX ECU remap

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Have a look at what this guy from India can do for engines from varied manufacturers. Wondering if he could do anything for the ECU of my GTX though I gather from the article he tunes only turbo charged engines. Bye and wear your seat belts.

you can either remap your GTX ECU from DMTuning belgium{ web set} like i did or contact regal motorsports in the UK [ google them] just be sure you want to spend the money[ about 300E].

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks