Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2020, 00:32   #1
BHPian

Broken a/c vents & tabs - Where to find replacement part in India?

Hello,

I am yet again faced with an issue and must approach your collective wisdom to see me through my problem. One of the AC vent tabs on my Corolla Altis has broken, and I need to replace it(I have no idea why it broke, I just found it dangling in the vent one day, I hardly ever touch it)

I asked the showroom people and they said that I will need to replace the entire AC vent for it - fat chance of that happening.

On looking for these tabs online, I found that they are available on amazon in US, UK, etc, but they are not delivering to India. These vent tabs were earlier available on aliexpress as well, but for some reason I am unable to locate them there either now. Moreover, they listed a delivery time of around 60 days, which is way too long.

So my query is, whether these are available through any channel in India? I mean with the number of cars we have on the roads, surely a lot of vent tabs must be breaking off every day, so where do people find new ac vent tabs?

I went to a few used car parts dealers in Nashik and Aurangabad and they said it is rare to find parts for this car with them (who would have thought that the Bulletproof reliability for a Toyota will have its pitfalls as well!)

So I request your guidance on locating AC vent tabs for my car. Any pointers on where I can find a new set would be highly appreciated. I have uploaded a picture I found on the internet that looks like the tabs on my car.

A note to MODs: I tried looking across the existing threads for something similar to this, but couldn't find anything, so posting a new thread. Please collapse this thread if it shouldn't be here.

Thank you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Broken a/c vents & tabs - Where to find replacement part in India?-ac-vent-tab.jpg  

Last edited by pareekvirendra : 6th December 2020 at 00:32. Reason: found a spelling mistake
pareekvirendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 10:04   #2
BANNED

Re: Broken a/c vents & tabs - Where to find replacement part in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareekvirendra View Post
So I request your guidance on locating AC vent tabs for my car. Any pointers on where I can find a new set would be highly appreciated. I have uploaded a picture I found on the internet that looks like the tabs on my car.
Can you post which year and model is your Toyota Corolla Altis?

Let me check the used parts godowns here in Hyderabad, should be available IMO.

Also post an image of the vent of which the tab is broken.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th December 2020 at 10:44. Reason: Typo
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 10:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Same here for elite i-20. Service center says the entire vent assembly needs to be changed
Old 8th December 2020, 10:27   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can you post which year and model is your Toyota Corolla Altis?
Hello, its a 2011 year D4D G Corolla Altis

Quote:

Also post an image of the vent of which the tab is broken.
I am attaching images of the broken vent tab here. There are two claw like things at the end of the upper lip of the vent tab, that holds onto the AC louvre, which seems to have broken off, which is why it needs to be replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Broken a/c vents & tabs - Where to find replacement part in India?-image-2.jpeg  

Broken a/c vents & tabs - Where to find replacement part in India?-image-1.jpeg  

Broken a/c vents & tabs - Where to find replacement part in India?-image-4.jpeg  

Broken a/c vents & tabs - Where to find replacement part in India?-image-3.jpeg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th December 2020 at 10:44. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 8th December 2020, 10:38   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareekvirendra View Post
Hello, its a 2011 year D4D G Corolla Altis

I am attaching images of the broken vent tab here. There are two claw like things at the end of the upper lip of the vent tab, that holds onto the AC louvre, which seems to have broken off, which is why it needs to be replaced.
Thank you for the images, I shall check and ping you. Boodmo I think quotes the price of ~Rs11,344.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 11:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the images, I shall check and ping you. Boodmo I think quotes the price of ~Rs11,344.
Boodmo quoted the price for the entire vent, but the vent is not damaged, it is just the tab that is used to adjust the louvres that is damaged and needs to be replaced. That is why I was looking for this part. They would insist on replacing the entire AC vent assemble for this broken tab, which costs around Rs. 350 on ali express, but they have a delivery period of about 60 days, and for some reason, I am now unable to access their website.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks