Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 21:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Parking sensor & reverse camera failure in my XUV300

I have observed intermittent blue screen while connecting to Android Auto in my xuv300 W8. With bluetooth and usb cable connected, Android Auto icon will be enabled in ICE unit, however choosing it will result in blue screen. Later, I figured out it was the usb cable causing this. I am suspecting some wiring issue for you as well. Cheer up! Will keep tracking this thread.
Vijin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 12:00   #17

I used to own an XUV500 (W10 2015) that I sold a few years ago. One year before the sale, I had aftermarket Focal Audio speakers and a Pioneer underseat subwoofer installed. The cars wiring had to be spliced to conduct the install. As a result, my reverse camera randomly stopped working and occasionally turned on along with several other infotainment screen glitches and buttons on the center console not working. When I took the vehicle to the service center they had to replace the entire wiring harness. Shout out to Mahindra for doing so even though the car was 2 months out of warranty. If you appear to be having constant errors, perhaps it's an issue with the wiring. Just sharing what I know.

Hope this helps!
Oggy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 15:41   #18
BHPian

Hi all,

I apologise for not updating this post since last two days. I was a bit busy with other stuffs so couldn't visit the ASS. But after this thread was posted in Team bhp I received continuous calls by M & M guys since yesterday. As I have to go to my native place on Saturday situated 400 km away from Bhubaneswar, hence I decided to go to ASS after I return on Monday. Will update this post on coming Tuesday i.e 12th January. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.
arunabh2424 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2021, 12:24   #19
BHPian

Update for today. I cancelled my trip to my native place and now I am at the M& M ASS for the camera issue. The technicians just made the job card and the vehicle will enter the service bay soon. Hoping for a permanent solution as of now. Will keep you all posted.
Old 9th January 2021, 23:35   #20
BHPian

Update for today P-2

After this news was published on Team Bhp about the reverse camera & sensor failure in XUV 300, the ASS guys were shaken to the core. I received several calls from company representatives within last two days. Special thanks to @Chirag Moro to place this issue in the news section of Team Bhp Website.

Well coming to the point after a prior appointment I took the XUV 300 to M & M ASS Utkal Automobiles around 11 am today. There were too many vehicles waiting in line for servicing. I had a few doubts in my mind regarding the possibility of getting the vehicle back today itself but was relieved soon after the service advisor assured me of finishing the work by 5 PM. He requested me to leave the vehicle and go on with my work. But I was determined to see the repair/replacement/update job so I insisted him to allow me into the service bay through special permission. The technician appointed to me was a very sober guy and he helped me understand the concept behind the RC failure. According to him the same complaint was raised by few customers which was reviewed by M & M team after which the software was redesigned few weeks ago. He told me to let him update the software to the latest version after which I will not encounter the same issue again. I agreed. But I told him that it should be done right before my eyes. He nodded in acceptance and went back to bring the pen drive. After 15-20 minutes he came back and told me to get into the vehicle. He turned on the MID and inserted the pendrive into the USB drive. I took a few photos for the benefit of XUV 300 owners which are as follows.

1) The existing software version was : 1.00.34

Parking sensor & reverse camera failure in my XUV300-1610214397333.jpg

2) As soon as the pen drive was inserted :

Parking sensor & reverse camera failure in my XUV300-1610209800625.jpg

3) Within 5 minutes the new software began loading

Parking sensor & reverse camera failure in my XUV300-1610209800620.jpg

4) It finally took 15 minutes approx for the system to reboot with the new software . Now the version showed 1.00.37.

Parking sensor & reverse camera failure in my XUV300-1610209840390.jpg

After the update every preset in the MID was reset to default settings. I was assured by the technicians and service guys that I won't face the same trouble again. In addition to that they will update the software again during the third service which is at 20 K kilometres. But keeping in mind the tricks played by service personnel's at most of the ASS's I didn't sign the feedback form. I told them that I will drive use the vehicle for a month or so and only after I am fully assured I will definitely come back and give a good rating to their service. Lets hope for the best. Do post your comments and suggestions.
arunabh2424 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 22:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Shout out to Mahindra for doing so even though the car was 2 months out of warranty.
Just wondering if you meant that they replaced the wiring harness for free. If they replaced a spliced harness, and while 2 months out of warranty, I only have high praises for them.
SuhairZain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 23:06   #22
BHPian

A lot of XUV300 owners have the exact same issue with the parking sensors during the initial days of ownership, including yours truly.
The good thing is it never recurred once the sensors were replaced under warranty. Neither have I heard of anyone else have the same issue twice
anantpoddar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 11:14   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhairZain View Post
Just wondering if you meant that they replaced the wiring harness for free. If they replaced a spliced harness, and while 2 months out of warranty, I only have high praises for them.
Yes the replaced the wiring harness at no charge. The job went on from the morning till the evening along with a regular paid service. I was extremely satisfied with Mahindra and generously tipped the service advisor. It speaks volumes about Mahindra's commitment to customers.
Oggy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2021, 11:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

I own an XUV300 W8 too. I have not encountered any such issues till date (car is 2 months old). But looking at M&M's response, I think the issue should be resolved in case I encounter any. I have not had any issues with the vehicle so far (touchwood). The overall feel is great and the ride quality as I expected. Also, when I gave my vehicle for first service, I was not happy with a lady writing the job card. I gave that as a feedback and instantly got a call from their service head. He assured me that any problem I face will be taken care of and that I need not worry. The response was pretty good. I hope the Indian brands start getting good at customer support and ASS, with the line up they have, they can surely take away a huge market share.
Raghu M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 06:15   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
I own an XUV300 W8 too. I have not encountered any such issues till date (car is 2 months old). But looking at M&M's response, I think the issue should be resolved in case I encounter any. I have not had any issues with the vehicle so far (touchwood). The overall feel is great and the ride quality as I expected. Also, when I gave my vehicle for first service, I was not happy with a lady writing the job card. I gave that as a feedback and instantly got a call from their service head. He assured me that any problem I face will be taken care of and that I need not worry. The response was pretty good. I hope the Indian brands start getting good at customer support and ASS, with the line up they have, they can surely take away a huge market share.
Congratulations for your new ride. Well I haven't mentioned anywhere that the M & M service is not satisfactory. They are very much polite, have sound knowledge about most of the things and treat their customers with open heart. But as a old Tata Customer I still need some time to gather complete faith on the Service Centres. But it's a universal truth that they are onto business too. Hence a little carefulness from customer side would definitely make a difference.
arunabh2424 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 08:38   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunabh2424 View Post
According to Mahindra Technicians parking sensors commonly fail due to dust, mud and water seepage while servicing of vehicles. I couldn't digest that easily. Ia have seen aftermarket parking sensors and cameras working fine for years even after repeated abuse by the car owners. Kindly add more information for above.
Actually, this could be true. On my Hyundai Elite i20 (2016 model), the service center had washed the car with water and sprayed high pressure water into the bottom part of the front grill. The ambient sensor which gives outside temperature data to the auto AC system resides here.

After the service, I noticed the outside temperature was stuck at 14 degrees C (wheras the actual outside temperature was about 25 degrees).
Went back to the service center - they removed the ambient sensor and put in an ambient sensor from an accident vehicle to test it. It was working.

The service guy then cleaned out my sensor with compressed air and put it back - now it was showing the correct temperature. However the temperature changed only slowly until the water in the sensor completely dried up. Now its perfectly working.
Old 19th January 2021, 15:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Display? Why display?
No stock of it with them, so have to get back to the city to get the replacement. Till then will enjoy the reversing blues.
Desperately needing the rear camera working, I took again the Scorpio to service center to insist them to procure the camera from wherever they can and fix the problem immediately.

Now they again re-opened the head unit and claimed to have found a loose contact on the power wire and says they have tightened and fixed it. The blue screen issue also is not there now after fitting it back. Hopefully that was the root cause. I can only wonder why this was not diagnosed in my first visit itself!
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 16:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

I just encountered the blue screen scare while driving to Kadapa yesterday. It occurred briefly after being driven in heavy rains (and of course mud). I was a little shocked first. After I restarted my engine the issue did not exist. I have booked a service appointment anyway for 25th June. I got a call immediately after I booked the appointment on the app. They heard me out and told me to be at the service center the first hour. I will keep you guys updated. Mine is Nov 2020 make with 14800 kms on the odo. Apart from this minor glitch, I haven't encountered any other issues till date.
Old 27th June 2022, 13:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
I just encountered the blue screen scare while driving to Kadapa yesterday. It occurred briefly after being driven in heavy rains (and of course mud). I was a little shocked first. After I restarted my engine the issue did not exist. I have booked a service appointment anyway for 25th June. I got a call immediately after I booked the appointment on the app. They heard me out and told me to be at the service center the first hour. I will keep you guys updated. Mine is Nov 2020 make with 14800 kms on the odo. Apart from this minor glitch, I haven't encountered any other issues till date.
Update - was at the service center on Saturday. While I had pictures of the issue, the SA was asking if I had any video. No clue as to what difference it makes. Anyway, I told them that the issue needs to be fixed to which he said my car's VIN was not in the software issue batch. I opened the t-bhp forum and showed him this thread. He acknowledged the issue and then updated the software to 44 version. Mine was doing 37. There seems to be a 42, 43 and 44 version. Mine was upgraded to the latest one. The whole procedure took around 10 mins. I am not sure if the issue will surface but he assured me that most of the bugs are being removed through these patches. The camera is not faulty but some sensor in between, so issue should not repeat.

M&M is being very responsive. The SA had good knowledge and was patient enough to hear me out. I have been there around 5 times since my delivery (for service, underbody coating etc.), and trust me M&M has improved by miles. It's easy to navigate around the center, speak to people and get things done. They even accommodated a small request of mine. I wanted a pressure wash of the underbelly as there was a little slush. The SA immediately called the water wash in-charge and asked him to get my work done on priority and get me out. I paid only a 100 bucks to the person who did the job (for 10 mins). Car came out spanking clean.

Last edited by Raghu M : 27th June 2022 at 13:29.
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks