Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 23:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

What car are u mounting the Konis on?
Old 14th April 2013, 00:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Koni shock absorbers

Folks, can I fit in Koni Sport (yellow) on my Ritz? Will it give me Swift like handling and body roll control? I'm willing to compromise on the ride a little bit.

Also any idea about the cost?
Old 14th April 2013, 21:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Folks, can I fit in Koni Sport (yellow) on my Ritz? Will it give me Swift like handling and body roll control? I'm willing to compromise on the ride a little bit.

I am not sure you can achieve Swift like handling because of the height of the Ritz, but yes body roll can be contained quite a bit with sports shocks.

I have sat in a Scorpio fitted with Tein adjustables which made a huge improvement in the handling.

Last edited by tharian : 14th April 2013 at 21:47. Reason: added line
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 08:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You gotto check if they have anything for the Ritz equivalent and considering the appalling response from Methods who were dealers in Koni, it's best you look at alternatives. A few days back one of our members posted his experience dealing with Methods with his purchase for the gypsy.

Quote:
Anything above 25k easily.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 14:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Called up Methods Automotives. Koni does not manufacture anything for Ritz. End of story :( .

Need to look for alternatives. Any ideas? Do we have a right thread to post?
Old 16th April 2013, 17:42   #36
BHPian

Hello

Why don't you check out the new swift shocks if they can be fitted on to ritz . If stock shocks of swift can be fitted then it will be fun to drive for sure .

Quote:
Called up Methods Automotives. Koni does not manufacture anything for Ritz. End of story :( .

Need to look for alternatives. Any ideas? Do we have a right thread to post?
Old 3rd May 2013, 05:33   #37
BHPian

Any car, no matter how crude in the suspension department, can be improved by fitting better dampers (shock absorbers). It's the easiest way of improving a car's handling, roadholding and comfort.
Old 18th September 2013, 17:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

Planning to put Konis Red in my esteem. Its available on www.carpowergid.com. Is it mandatory that I also need to change the springs ?
Old 18th September 2013, 21:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Planning to put Konis Red in my esteem. Its available on www.carpowergid.com. Is it mandatory that I also need to change the springs ?
you can use the same OE springs no issue.
Old 4th February 2014, 16:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Found this on the Koni website for a Honda CRV. Apparently meant for 4X4 and SUV's.General review of the model seems to be quite good. Had a look at TIEN but they dont make anything for CRV's. Has anyone installed them on any type of SUV's? They seem to make them for almost all.

Link to Koni Heavy Track Shock absorbers
Old 26th February 2014, 08:48   #41
BHPian

Performance dampers for the Superb: Need suggestions please!!

I just picked up a 2011 Superb 1.8 TSI DSG. The link to the details of the car http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...b-2nd-gen.html.

I am not very happy with the suspension setup of the Superb. It is very hard on broken roads but at the same time it just doesn't feel tight. I plan to change the shock absorbers to either Bilstein or Knoi.

The following models are available in south..
Bilstein B6 Sports
Koni FSD
Koni Sports

My requirement is a tighter suspension setup, wouldn't mind if the ride becomes little stiffer. I am not sure which one to go for. Any expert advices?
Old 26th February 2014, 13:20   #42
BHPian

Since there is no response I went with Bilstein B6 based on few reviews I found on the net. It is being dispatched today by Pete's Aotomotove.
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 13:34   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Since there is no response I went with Bilstein B6 based on few reviews I found on the net. It is being dispatched today by Pete's Aotomotove.
That was pretty quick, and a good decision. The B6s are great, though a bit pricey now. But easier to source than Konis and you have the great backup of Petes. Also look at changing the tyres on your car.
Old 26th February 2014, 14:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

If the springs are cheaper than shocks, shouldn't a change in springs be sufficient? They need to be in tune but its the springs that provides primarily provides stiffness and dampers damp spring oscillation. BMW always talks about how good their engineers tune the spring rate to make them handle the way they do.

Better would be to change both.
Old 11th September 2014, 13:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I posted last on 4th Feb enquiring about suitable shocks for my CRV. Things were manageable then but now the front left shock isnt functioning properly. The worst is when its a gravel road with medium sized stones scattered here n there. There is almost zero cushioning and the thuds are constant now.

The vehicle in question is a 2009 Honda CRV. Has anyone done a shock absorber change or can anyone recommend a suitable setup for me?! I have been looking at the Koni 4X4 shocks. I am quite unsure if these would do the job. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks