Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2022, 08:05   #46
BHPian

Re: Air-conditioner works only when car is moving

A simple and quick reading on the High Pressure Side port (red) would have revealed its excessive high pressure readings at compressor outlet indicating system malfunctions.
Old 16th October 2022, 13:36   #47

Hi Team BHPians,

Please find that today the outside temperature was 41 degC and the AC is throwing hot air from both vents. I am now confused as to why is this not getting fixed. Also, there is revving sound which comes out when AC is turned on and it is hot outside.

Any information will be of a help!

Thanks and regards,

Subhadeep
Old 16th October 2022, 17:09   #48

Hi Team BHP,

Please find the video attached in ZIP folder. I believe it might be radiator fan which is making the noise but not sure. I dont know what caused the issue but the Service Center mentioned that they flushed the radiator, AC lines and condenser has been flushed.

Thanks, Shubh

[ATTACH=Engine Noise-Renault Duster.zip]2368757[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: zip Engine Noise-Renault Duster.zip (5.40 MB, 2 views)
Old 2nd April 2024, 23:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

Well so my 2012 Elantra also started facing similar AC issue.
When you start the car from cold start the AC works fine. However a few minutes (approx 15 minutes) in the stop-go traffic and I can feel the AC only blowing air, and not cooling.

The AC cooling starts again only goes when accelerating and when the engine RPM goes above 2000 RPM (automatic gear usually doesn't allow any higher RPM, it shifts up). Typically by the time I am doing ~40 kmph (which means two or three upshifts and therefore two-three times engine touches 2000 rpm) the AC is back cooling normally. I could simulate the same on red light by pressing the pedal, hitting 2000-3000 rpm while staying in neutral.

This behaviour is quite erratic, and I had to take the AC mechanic out for a ride for about an hour to simulate all conditions. His initial assesment was some issue withe valve since pressure reading was low and fluctuating. Ultimately though, after opening up he says the compressor has black deposits which means the compressor is deteriorating and will require replacement. It could fail anytime.

What is the opinion of forum members on this?

Last edited by alpha1 : 2nd April 2024 at 23:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks