Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2021, 16:54   #16
BHPian

Re: Brand new Renault Duster Turbo CVT | Transmission oil leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aKrain View Post
Answering your queries below:

1. After the transmission oil leak, there was still some problem with the CVT wherein the car wouldn't move after putting it in D and the MID was show random letters instead of the mode. It seemed to be an issue with some electronic part as it was resolved on disconnecting the battery. The car was sent back to Renault Haldwani and after a couple of days of debugging, they were able to diagnose it to some part within the CVT controller. Renault didn't want to take a risk with just replacing the electronic part, so they ordered a new CVT and got it replaced in my car.
My confidence in the car had been eroded by this incident. But after driving extensively in Himachal and Uttarakhand in the last few months I am happy with the way the car has been running and confidence level is back to normal.

The turbo petrol is a joy to drive on the highway and overtaking in most cases is effortless.

2. Interaction with Renault service staff in Haldwani as well as Noida has been pleasant. On top of that, the CVT was replaced pro-actively by Renault and I was given a replacement vehicle while the car was getting repaired. I was communicating with their north indian after sales head and he was quite transparent about the steps that were taken.

3. I have been mostly living in the hills due to WFH and have driven very little in the city. In normal traffic, I get 9.5-10.5 kmpl in the city.

4. No, there is no sound while depresing the brake and I think ASS mechanics should be able to fix it.

5. Yes, the seats are on the firmer side and that is good for long drives. You can get padded seat covers if you like the seat to be softer.
That's fantastic yet overwhelming to hear about CVT replacement altogether.

I took home the beast and did a 1000 km highway run and got mileage of 12.

Yes ASC fixed break pedal squeak taking it to service floor after a lame lubrication spray didn't fix the issue and I had show my disappointment to the service head (as service advisor said it's an issue with CVT Duster's)

Yes agree to that, firmer seats kept me comfortable in highways.

Few more questions,

1) Is there a rattle or squeak behind steering especially above 60 and below 100 when you accelerate. It was quiet annoying without music but it was mell masked with some music.

2) The auto engine kill during idling is such a pain especially in Bengaluru's B2B traffic. I know it can be disabled with a switch but I need to do that every time when I start my engine after an errand. Any fix or workaround available ? Google had some !

3) Being an automatic RPM gets stabilised after 45 to 90 seconds on cold start but I noticed cooler running after switching off engine (even with sufficient idling of 45 to 60 seconds) post a highway run. Couldn't go to sleep with peace !

4) Engine bay gets super hot. I understand it's Turbo petrol engine but I'm scared if it'll be cause for fire hazard especially when parked in areas with dry leaves or due to garlands hung from engine bay

5) Sorely missed arm rest or padding for my right hand - planning for some jugaad to rest my right hand elbows during those sedate highway runs. Let me know whether I'm alone.

6) High beam on my Ritz used to sufficiently illuminate road far ahead and gave confidence in night. Duster just blinds the on-coming vechiles or illuminates the display on the road (which are 6 foot and above) but not the road far ahead. Any suggestions ?

7) Did you try remote start ? It couldn't get that to work. I wanted to have the car idled (RPMs stabilised) and all ready to drive away.

8) With cruise enabled there seems to be (beep) audible audio warning for 90 as well apart from 80 and 120. Surprisingly it didn't beep for 110.
Old 26th November 2021, 18:35   #17
BHPian

Congratulations on getting a Duster Turbo.
Answering some of your questions below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post

1) Is there a rattle or squeak behind steering especially above 60 and below 100 when you accelerate. It was quiet annoying without music but it was mell masked with some music.
No, never noticed anything like this.

Quote:
2) The auto engine kill during idling is such a pain especially in Bengaluru's B2B traffic. I know it can be disabled with a switch but I need to do that every time when I start my engine after an errand. Any fix or workaround available ? Google had some !
I am also planning to get it disabled. If you find a reliable technique, do post it.

Quote:
6) High beam on my Ritz used to sufficiently illuminate road far ahead and gave confidence in night. Duster just blinds the on-coming vechiles or illuminates the display on the road (which are 6 foot and above) but not the road far ahead. Any suggestions ?
I find the headlights of Duster quite sufficient and well directed. High beam going too high may be due to incorrect head lamp leveling setting. Use the leveler knob to set it right.

Quote:
7) Did you try remote start ? It couldn't get that to work. I wanted to have the car idled (RPMs stabilised) and all ready to drive away.
You need to get it enabled at the service centre once.
Quote:
8) With cruise enabled there seems to be (beep) audible audio warning for 90 as well apart from 80 and 120. Surprisingly it didn't beep for 110.
Haven't noticed this.
aKrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 17:58   #18
BHPian

Does anybody who has developed this CVT transmission and what's the code name? It'll help us to search about niggles on international forums before zeroing onto this combo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks