Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2015, 12:06   #46
BHPian

Hi All

I need some help. I went through this thread and also consulted my mechanic after I have been feeling that 2002 V tec is not performing up to the mark.

I feel its slightly sluggish on the 1st gear and then picks up well around 2300 RPM. Plus the car gives jerks at intermediate RPMs when I let the car cruise under idling.

So I got the engine tappit removed and cleaned, Valves checked for gaps, Spark plugs checked and throttle body cleaned, although the car is performing better still I feel its not the V tec I used to enjoy.

Further when I went for scanning, the guy scanned the car and said that everything is fine and performing well. when I asked him to check for compression pressure, he replied "that the distributor of v tec is very scary and cant go bust so he wont take the risk and I could not get it done", Could anyone suggest me what should I do, and if compression test is a solution to check whether there is a problem or not - where may I go in Delhi.

I also have worn tires (hard and old), to what extent would they be blamed for the sluggish performance.

Kindly Help!!

Plus I read that there is a product that helps restore (saw a few videos as well) the engine compression, How reliable is that?

Last edited by manson : 25th July 2015 at 16:26.
Old 16th February 2016, 04:55   #47
BHPian

Re: What is engine compression test ??

Hi, this is my first post in around 5 years! Is there a place around Pune/Mumbai where I can get this done?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks