Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2007, 11:46   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
try the basic troubleshooting first before getting the engine scanned or visiting a tuner,that is plug cables>spark plugs>ignition coil>injectors>actuator

i have already checked plug cables,spark plugs and injectors.i will surely check actuator and ignition coil.
Old 6th May 2007, 14:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
maybe something to do with vacum leak, as the car is jerky at low revs but behaves normally at higher revs and allowing him to go over 3000 RPM.
maybe check the gasket on the intake plenum etc etc... check for vacum hoses connected to the TB /intake plenum.
From what I know this car had some leakage issues at the headers when she was prepared. Don't know if that had been rectified before delivery. So it could be a leakage/vaccum issue but then the car would have a problem over the whole rev range wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek View Post
imo car is not getting enough air below 3000 rpm which is causing jerks and slow pick up.
If that is the case then the problem & solution are infront of you. Get the intake plumbing changed (And please for God's sake go to someone who knows what he's doing!) which should be done anyways inspite of this problem turns out to be.
Old 6th May 2007, 14:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
maybe something to do with vacum leak, as the car is jerky at low revs but behaves normally at higher revs and allowing him to go over 3000 RPM.
maybe check the gasket on the intake plenum etc etc... check for vacum hoses connected to the TB /intake plenum. The MIL could be due to misfire due to excess/unmetered air not detected by the MAP...
hey Prateek what abt the vacum issue ? seems you have a checked everything except this...
Old 6th May 2007, 14:50   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
From what I know this car had some leakage issues at the headers when she was prepared. Don't know if that had been rectified before delivery.
header leaks wont create issues like this...

Quote:
So it could be a leakage/vaccum issue but then the car would have a problem over the whole rev range wouldn't it?
nope ...it wont behave the same way over the entire rev range.
It'll seem to splutter/jerk and behave roughly at low revs but @ higher revs the effect is not that noticeable...due to extra air due to higher throttle postion, the effect of leak is hardly noticeable...

we can consider vacum as one of the factors for this behaviour...

pulling engine codes is the way to go...
the tuner who boosted this Accord must definately be having a scanner...
Old 6th May 2007, 14:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the tuner who boosted this Accord must definately be having a scanner...
Don't think he has one. Prateek can confirm about it.
Old 6th May 2007, 14:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Is this one the same which has been done by HPM??

Sorry to say this but who ever has worked on your car has done very very shoddy work and that is the reason why your car is limp mode and is sluggish at low revvs. Its better to go to a person who knows what he is doing rather then people who claim 20 bhp just out a voltage stabilizer??

Last edited by BUSA : 6th May 2007 at 14:59.
Old 6th May 2007, 15:25   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Is this one the same which has been done by HPM??
Yup it's the same one.
Old 6th May 2007, 19:24   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Don't think he has one. Prateek can confirm about it.
no ke dont have one.
Old 6th May 2007, 23:15   #24
BHPian

Agreed Chetan, but with a vacum leak would the Check engine light glow ? I thought of vacum but could not corelate with check engine light and therefore the suggestion. I might be wrong.
Old 7th May 2007, 00:59   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Well , could fuelling be a reason why the car is jerking at low revvs ?? Because the same used to happen on my car and even on psycho's esteem .. At low revvs say under 2500 the car judders a bit .. It could be either less air being supplied , fuelling or clutch adjustment issues on my car .. Yet to diagnoze the problem ..

Prateek , does the MIL light go off on reaching 3k + ?? Could O2 sensor or its malfunction be one of the reason's for the MIL light to come on ?? That could explain why the car is not on LIMP MODE even though the engine check light comes on ..
Old 7th May 2007, 06:27   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Agreed Chetan, but with a vacum leak would the Check engine light glow ? I thought of vacum but could not corelate with check engine light and therefore the suggestion. I might be wrong.
yes Sideways, good question..
vacum leak may cause MIL if it is creating a misfire,
Im guessing that the rough idling and jerkiness till 3000 as reported by Prateek is actually a misfiring cylinder... which smooths out or becomes less noticeable above 3000 due to extra air which minimises this effect of slight unmetered excess air..

looking at the BOV "ziptied" to the intake makes me ask even more questions but that would make me go off topic...
I would not be surprised if there may be vacum leaks or/and a damaged MAP sensor..in the system or maybe even more stuff...
Old 7th May 2007, 07:59   #27
BHPian

Quote:
looking at the BOV "ziptied" to the intake makes me ask even more questions but that would make me go off topic...
Dude, thats not a BOV ziptied, if you watch carefully that pipe is pre turbo intake pipe, the BoV is behind that on other pipe which comes from intercooler to T.B, the ziptied unit is actually called an "intake charger" which some delhiwallas sell as performance enhancement, i dont know why he installed that crap in a turbo setup.
my suggestion to prateek is to test setup by removing that weird pre turbo intake pipe & that charger & just bolt your filter directly on compressor housing of turbo & tell us the results.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 7th May 2007 at 08:04.
Old 7th May 2007, 08:11   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
Dude, thats not a BOV ziptied, if you watch carefully that pipe is pre turbo intake pipe, the BoV is behind that on other pipe which comes from intercooler to T.B, the ziptied unit is actually called an "intake charger" which some delhiwallas sell as performance enhancement, i dont know why he installed that crap in a turbo setup.

ok cool...I didnt see the pics in detail..

wow intake charger and all, we can start a new thread on this intakecharger, Rocam dude can u plz add more details in a post abt this in the "25 BHP thread" http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...5-bhp-faq.html
Old 7th May 2007, 08:14   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Prateek , does the MIL light go off on reaching 3k + ?? Could O2 sensor or its malfunction be one of the reason's for the MIL light to come on ?? That could explain why the car is not on LIMP MODE even though the engine check light comes on ..
MIL wont turn off if the car is in "limp home" mode.
If the car is in this mode it wont even cross 3000 rpm.. ECU will simply be in open loop always.. the car possibly may not behave normal above 3000 rpm even if it managed to cross 3000 in limp mode...
Old 7th May 2007, 08:23   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
MIL wont turn off if the car is in "limp home" mode.
If the car is in this mode it wont even cross 3000 rpm.. ECU will simply be in open loop always.. the car possibly may not behave normal above 3000 rpm even if it managed to cross 3000 in limp mode...
Dude , I dont think that the car is in "limp mode" if its revving past 3000 and smoothly at that .. MIL on doesn't always mean that the car is in "limp mode" .. My car ran with a disconnected O2 sensor , IAT sensor for a long time and the MIL light would throw up always .. But it was performing really well , without any hiccups ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks