Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2021, 09:37   #31
BHPian

Re: A technical overview | VW Jetta and Skoda Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
I personally am unaware of any competent FNG but have heard good things about Wagenwerkz from my limited experience. Get in touch with them. How much oil is your TSI consuming? If it isn't consuming much and the compression is still good enough (not a very good chance it is but still), don't touch it right away.
Thanks.

I preemptively changed the chain tensioner at around the 60k mark. Since then, the oil consumption has dropped. I haven't had to top up the oil even once in the last 10k or so. And no, there are no symptoms of any compression issues.

From what I read, the entire piston, piston head ring set had to be replaced. So was hesitant. However if a drop-in replacement ring is available, and a capable fng, I'll get it done. Will look up and update here.

Thanks again.
srgntpepper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 13:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
A slave cylinder going bad within just 10K km points to some other issue within the circuit. Are you sure you are using the correct fluid and bleeding the entire circuit correctly? This is extremely important else the new cylinder will conk off earlier than usual. This isn't a common issue among Jettas or Laura's IIRC. The component you posted seems to be the original make only to me atleast. Make sure you aren't running low on fluid level either.
Thanks Vishy, I had a worn out clutch and weak flywheel that could be the reason for CSC to go bonkers time and again, now the car is running with new clutch plates, new flywheel and new slave cylinders. Hoping CSC issue to remain intact hereon. My clutch lasted for 85xxx kms.

Last edited by varoon9999 : 10th June 2021 at 13:41.
varoon9999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 12:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
One correction, the Jetta DSG got paddles as standard. So there's no need to replace the steering for them. Having said that, lot of scope for other features to be added especially the head unit. A remap is a must in my opinion after the dieselgate fix ruined things for us TDI owners.
Sorry Ananth, I should have put it clearly. What I meant was for other cars than Jetta AT - Laura and Octavia, if they have lower AT variants then they can get new steering with paddle shifters.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 20:09   #34

I know a 2013 Jetta owner. His Jetta was remapped from Pete's to 190BHP. He had been using it for 7 years and really enjoyed driving her. It is 80,000 on the odo and we were discussing alternatives to her but his heart always says, Jetta! That's something that those who drive it only know.
madhavrchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2021, 09:40   #35
BHPian

Hi
I Have a Yeti 4x4 140bhp, so hoping I am posting this in the right thread. I am having these intermittent cooling issues similar to what's described here. It usually starts after an hour or so into the drive. The temperature remains cold but there is no air coming, once I manually increase fan speed to overcome the suffocating feeling all I get is just a lot of fan noise and no air at all (feels like a choked system) . The work around I do is, I switch off the AC button which ironically increases cooling as well as fan speed initially but later when I experience the lack of cooling I switch the AC back on. My usual drive is around 2.5 hours so I do it once or may be twice. Had discussed this with my FNG mechanic who reset the AC via OBD but no change. He seems to think it is over cooling causing mild freezing somewhere and that's why cooling increases when I switch off the AC switch (kinda de-freezes whatever was ?? frozen) . But going through this thread, i believe it is the solenoid valve. The Snowman is at 90000km, should I invest in prematurely Changing the solenoid with the necessary fluids? Or is it something else??

Last edited by milu2fast : 13th November 2021 at 09:41.
Old 16th November 2021, 13:23   #36
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Pls suggest what would be the best way to get the front chrome-Grill painted in black, I am looking at some permanent solution. I have seen many cars with grill painted in black, but the paint starts chipping off in a few days time and looks very unpleasant.

I am ok either with paint or with wrap around the grill, highlighted below area is what I'm referring to.

Thanks !!

A technical overview | VW Jetta and Skoda Laura-skoda-grille.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks