Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2021, 13:40   #1
BHPian

Project Binky and more, the best car building series out there

I thought I have seen it all, till I came across these guys - Bad Obsession Motorsports

The duo, Nik Blackhurst and Richard Brunning build race and rally cars, and have deep expertise in making cars go FAST.

Out of the projects they are running, 2 stand out the most.
1. Project Binky - https://badobsessionmotorsport.co.uk...project-binky/
This is running for 7 years now, 34 episodes, with the ambition of building a 200+ HP classic mini. Binky now has a cult following on the internet, with many awaiting the final outcome. Putting in 7yrs of work into a car is now shaping up, the final result is near(hopefully, the engine has not been run yet)

2. Bargain Racement - This ones a quick 9 part series, to race a 65HP small car in the UK hosted city car cup.

These guys have unlocked the thinking on how to build cars. From intense custom fabrication of parts, to re-building gearbox, engine, suspensions..they have done it all. What baffled me was when they wanted to enhance the rims, and they cut it into half to add a strip of metal and widen them. Mindblown! I didnt know this is even possible or doable.

The stuff they do is way beyond the enhancements most people do, do check em out. Any car enthusiast would agree, that this is the best series on car building out there. Have fun!

PS - They have a great sense of humor, people into dark british comedy would totally dig them

BNG-motorhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 19:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Project Binky and more, the best car building series out there

They’ve got an award from You tube because of the popularity of this series!

If the car is put together half as well as the videos are, it will be a huge success.

When it comes to tricks with the English language to make a presentation entertaining, there really is no one to top Englishmen.

Thanks for sharing!
AMG Power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 16:54   #3
BHPian

Re: Project Binky and more, the best car building series out there

I have just binge-watched the Binky Project and it is AMAZING. Their attention to detail and no-compromise approach to the project is commendable. It's a fun must-watch series. I am sure you won't find any other project video as fun and entertaining as this. I started with episodes 34-35 and liked it so much that had to watch it from the start.

I searched and came upon this thread after I had watched the series. I wanted to know if anyone noticed the project and liked it as much as I did.

In the latest episode, they have started the engine. I believe they will complete the project in a couple of more episodes, or maybe not if they decide to make any other upgrades.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks