Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2021, 21:34   #1
BHPian

2021 Jeep Compass Facelift | Software Niggles

I've driven my Jeep compass 2021 around 2000 Km, overall it is superb car and I love it. But it looks like the FCA didn't spend much time in software quality control. There are too many annoying niggles which are coming from software controlling things like Infotainment screen, Warnings, ORVMs etc.

Following are the issues I have faced so far:
  1. Randomly the Instrument cluster refuses to turn off after locking the car, it doesn't turn off when i lock the car using Key fob. This does not happen every time, but it occurs randomly. This one is faced by at least couple of more Jeepers on TeamBHP, FCA & dealership claimed that they rolled fix for this but the issue reappears.
  2. Once I observed that the infotainment screen (10 inch floating display on dashboard) went blank, it was black with nothing displayed even when the car was running (engine in running state). After a few stop-start operations it resolved itself
  3. Once I observed that ORVMs didn't fold when i locked the car (I've already selected automatic mirror folding function).
  4. Once 'SERV 4wd' (orange color) warning flashed when I started the car. but once i switched off car and turned it off again, it went off so looks like it was a false alarm. After this warning went away i tried engaging 4WD and it worked well, so it looks like it was a false warning. Dealership service head said, ignore it if it didn't come again
  5. Touch sensitivity of 10 inch infotainment screen is bad, it stopped working completely today. I could not use the touchscreen at all.

I already have raised these issues to dealership and asked them to raise to FCA, if they don't raise it I'll raise it to FCA. Are other owners of Compass 2021 facing similar issues?
pankaj_9730 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 08:24   #2
BHPian

re: 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift | Software Niggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
  1. Touch sensitivity of 10 inch infotainment screen is bad, it stopped working completely today. I could not use the touchscreen at all.
Found fix for this issue, A universal fix which all software engineers try before any debug - Reboot . But How do you reboot u-connect on Jeep compass?

So, if you face any issues where uconnect seems to be stuck or hung then do following:

- Press volume and tuner button together for 10 seconds, after that screen will go blank and u-connect will do a soft reset.

Soft Reset/Reboot fixed my touch not responding issue. I really hope that FCA focus somebody's energy in their team for testing & Fixing their software because these issues seems to be very small and trivial.
pankaj_9730 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 13:16   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift | Software Niggles

Mod Note: Thanks for sharing! Thread moved to Tech Stuff. Guess you just have to wait for software updates from FCA.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks