Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2021, 13:37   #16
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault India introduces Motrio - Cheaper spare parts for ageing Renault vehicles like the Duste

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Whats the difference between Motrio and Renault branded spares? Are Renault branded spares better quality? Or is it just the brand name?
I am not sure of the exact differences. Would be happy to report the life I get out of Motrio parts compared to the Renault branded parts when the time comes.

The basic idea, as per me is same as the difference between Suzuki Genuine Parts (SGP) and Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP). Different Supply chain with seemingly similar quality standards.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 15:12   #17
BHPian

Re: Renault India introduces Motrio - Cheaper spare parts for ageing Renault vehicles like the Duste

Thanks for this information! This is good news for a Duster AWD owner like me.
I hope the service centers as well keep these parts and make them accessible to customers. I hope Renault will take steps in this direction as well.
Old 6th July 2021, 16:28   #18
BHPian

Have they introduced the Motrio branded cheaper injectors? The Duster was known to be suffering from injector issues?
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 16:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

Is there a catalog available? From team-BHP archives, I could gather the below--

-Faulty Injectors - Repairable but each injector costs 22,000/-
-Leaking Shocks - Replaceable - (Front ones for 4500/- a pair from Monroe, rear ones for 12,000/- a pair from Renault)
-Worn out Suspension Bushes - Replaceable 2,500/- for each corner
-Worn out link/track rods - Replaceable 2,800/- for a set
-Worn out Clutch - Repairable depending on what is required - Clutch Kit 10,000/- Flywheel 40,000/- Master Cylinder 5,000/- Slave Cylinder 3,500/-
-Blown Turbo - Replacement only (for peace of mind) 70,000/-
-Bad rear differential - Replacement only 1,27,000/-
-Broken AC direction control - Replacement 26,000/- (worst case for replacement mechanism)
-Malfunctioning Headlamp switch - Replaceable 8,000/-
-Mandatory Belt Replacement - Accessory belt kit 7,000/- and Timing belt kit 11,000/-

If we can make a table Renault Vs Motrio & also which ones we should stick to Renault and which are OK to head towards Motrio, it would be tremendous value addition to us owners and prospective buyers.
Equus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 17:05   #20
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnon View Post
Thanks for this information! This is good news for a Duster AWD owner like me.
I hope the service centers as well keep these parts and make them accessible to customers. I hope Renault will take steps in this direction as well.
You might have to check with you ASC for AWD parts, which I think are not available yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Have they introduced the Motrio branded cheaper injectors? The Duster was known to be suffering from injector issues?
Not yet. Doubt they will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
If we can make a table Renault Vs Motrio & also which ones we should stick to Renault and which are OK to head towards Motrio, it would be tremendous value addition to us owners and prospective buyers.
Will try to compile this sheet in some time.
Tgo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 21:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Whats the difference between Motrio and Renault branded spares? Are Renault branded spares better quality? Or is it just the brand name?
Some parts are categorized by the tolerance levels. The absolute best are sold through the OEM channels at max profit. Other parts which are in the tolerance zone, but not at the exact center (of the tolerance band) end up going through the spare parts manufacturer channel to ensure availability in the market at a decent price for owners/independent mechanics.

In case of brake pads, I'm sure most people don't care if they get 5000km lesser life if they can get parts which are 30% cheaper to buy.

Renault selling Motrio parts might be a desperate attempt to keep customers coming back to the ASS for service. The parts maybe cheap, but the labor isn't. Whichever brake pads you get, the price of labor for the job is going to be the same in the ASS.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 6th July 2021 at 21:31.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 06:41   #22
BHPian

This is not new in the industry. Even Skoda has it in Europe and India too(majorly for Octavias and part numbers start with JZW).

The idea is to bring older cars back to workshop which may otherwise be serviced outside. These would be mostly wear and tear parts like Filters, brake pads, discs and clutch set, starter motors etc which might need to be changed over regular course of ownership. These parts are significantly cheaper than the regular parts mainly because they are engineered with not a brand new car in mind but a 7-8 year old car. While the part functionality will not be hampered, the longevity definitely will be.

What is the point of developing a part which will outlive the car itself? A 7-8 year old car can make do with a part which can last for 5 years rather than 15 years.

And more importantly, manufacturers do not allow workshops to use these parts in cars which are still covered under warranty. These parts only come to be used only in older and warranty expired cars.

Last edited by vshankarhere : 7th July 2021 at 06:45. Reason: Added last point
vshankarhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 16:07   #23
BHPian

I have a Nissan Terrano,
this sounds like music to my ears,
Already have a trusted Fng in NCR (greater noida) to maintain my vehicles in top condition, was saving on Labor there.
Now will save on parts too, since most parts are shared with renault.

Thank you, If anyone from the management/Higher-ups see this thread in the ORM (online reputation management) dashboard.
Nitish.arnold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 23:28   #24

Request more experienced car owners and Renault owners to help me decide:

My Duster's headlight switch assemble is giving me problems and I am unable to use my upper dippers 'high beams'. I just got my car serviced and decided to get this fixed too.

The Thane, Mumbai service centre quoted a price of INR 7,000 for this part, stating that it cannot be repaired and has to be replaced. I'm talking about the entire stock which sticks out from the left hand side of the steering (in many other cars, it would be located on the right hand side).

Meanwhile, when I search online, I see this same part available for much lesser, around INR 3,500.

Should I go in for one of these cheaper alternatives or go in for Renault's part which costs 7000?

It's a small price to pay for a hefty vehicle but I feel like I am being cheated by such a price when it is available 'outside' for much less.

How would you approach this situation if you were in my situation?

And do you know of any other places in Mumbai to get my Renault Duster reliably repaired if I ditch the official service centre? TIA
Old 11th January 2022, 09:07   #25
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spydruler View Post
How would you approach this situation if you were in my situation?
I would get the aftermarket part only if I am sure that the pins are compatible and I won't be losing any functions on the stalks. Second thing is to see how the tactile feedback is in comparison to the original part.

The OEM part even though is for 7K, comes with a 6-month/20K km warranty though.
Old 5th March 2024, 13:51   #26
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Is it still difficult to maintain and find parts for a Duster? I intend to buy a pre-cared Duster. I chose a Duster for no particular reason other than that it fulfills my needs. It's compact, fuel-efficient, has a sizable boot and interior room, fits well in cities and on highways, is suitable for rough terrain, is somewhat safe, and used Dusters are very affordable. How come there are so many running Dusters on the streets if getting components is a problem? How can parts be obtained?
Karthik1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 21:35   #27
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Is it still difficult to maintain and find parts for a Duster? I intend to buy a pre-cared Duster. I chose a Duster for no particular reason other than that it fulfills my needs. It's compact, fuel-efficient, has a sizable boot and interior room, fits well in cities and on highways, is suitable for rough terrain, is somewhat safe, and used Dusters are very affordable. How come there are so many running Dusters on the streets if getting components is a problem? How can parts be obtained?
Hello Karthik,

It’s not difficult to find parts, what’s difficult is to digest that parts for this seemingly affordable car or not cheap if you go for OEM. I have never been in a situation where parts were unavailable it’s just finding quality parts in the aftermarket space needs some planning and foresight.

If you can keep aside 60k over the purchase price of the car, you’ll be fine in keeping it up in good shape for the next 3-4 years.

85PS models are more easy on the pocket than the 110PS models.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks