Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2021, 18:32   #31
BHPian

Re: Spiders behind the dashboard in a new Innova Crysta | Please help

Have you shown the vehicle to Toyota ASS? Facing such issues in a new vehicle is unacceptable.

Also a bit curious, when was the car manufactured? In case the vehicle is older than June this year, you should definitely ask the ASS to fix this. Most likely the car was infested already before delivery
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 19:42   #32
BHPian

It's a brand new vehicle and the problem has started less than a month within the delivery. Definitely a negligence from Toyota's end. Please take the vehicle to Toyota ASC ASAP and ask them to do a thorough cleaning of the entire vehicle inside out.
yatesh.92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 22:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I think these are not spiders, but mites.
These are spiders only. I have the same problem in my car though the infestation is limited to outside of the car. The source of the issue in my case is the periodic cobweb cleaning by apartment house keeping staff. They use spiderweb cleaning broom on the roof when the car is parked in the basement. The entire spiders and their eggs fall on the car in the cleaning process. With in days they multiply and the entire car will be covered in cobwebs.

None in my family freak out on seeing spiders . So I don't care much about them. They are small and whitish as in the picture posted by OP. Not doing any harm other than spinning the web all along the exterior of the car. They die quickly with any kind of mild aerosol sprays. But difficult to get rid of fully since they lay eggs and multiply fast.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 10:20   #34
BHPian

Want to thank Bhpian @Joshmachine for his good idea of using “natural oil car perfumes (peppermint, eucalyptus etc.) in the air vents (smell good to you but repelling for the creepies inside)”. It really smells nice and it’s a very easy way to stay away from this mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatesh.92 View Post
Please take the vehicle to Toyota ASC ASAP and ask them to do a thorough cleaning of the entire vehicle inside out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Also a bit curious, when was the car manufactured? In case the vehicle is older than June this year, you should definitely ask the ASS to fix this.
Thank you both yatesh.92, sid_deb. Actually you both and many other members are correct. Looking back, my vehicle was June manufactured. Got delivery on July 20th. It was parked in a open warehouse near to some dense bushes and in heavy rains during the time in Bangalore. So quite possible the problem may have started during that time. Anyways these are all my guesses, I don’t want to ruin the experience with this incident and want to move past this.

Update as on 17th August: Sent the car to Toyota for first free one month service. No other complaints. Odo at 910 Km. Only issue raised was for the spiders and requested for a through clean-up. They cleaned the AC Ducts, Cabin Air filter, AC Blowers, AC Filters etc throughly. Even engine compartment was cleaned with pressurized air. I was not charged for this additional activity. So, all in all, I am happy that they took my feedback and did not brush aside my complaint. Big thanks to them.

Next steps – keep a close watch, use the car regularly for sometime.
I hope, with all of the above, this is finally resolved. Thank You T-Bhp.
swarnava.ch is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks