Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2021, 22:29   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Stubborn air-conditioner problems in my VW Tiguan Allspace

@Dhruv29 - AC being a sealed system, once the lines are opened, the drier needs to be replaced. In your case it's possible that the compressor failed (Why? Probably something within the system is not tropicalised) and replacing it will include changing the drier as well. For a new car the other bits are expected to be in good shape, but I may ask for full replacement if I'm in the same spot as you are.
Old 5th September 2021, 10:50   #17
BHPian

Update: 4th September, 2021

I received my car back with replaced A/C compressor, Drier & condenser. I had to wait an additional week due to VW S.C not having stock of R1234yf Refrigerant and it was not available anywhere else in near vicinity.
Speaks well for preparedness of company who is regularly facing A/C breakdowns of same model.
As of now it's working as expected.

One thing i would like to specifically point out is that every time i had to leave my car for long term in VW Gurgaon or VW Delhi, my car always had some scratches on it. Every damn time! Can't they take care of the car costing approx 40 lacs properly ?
I can't even tell them to fix it because the scratches are on its PPF and they'll just ruin it with there rubbing polishing. So i'm just stuck in the cycle where car breaks down, i leave it to S.C, they give the car back with a parting gift as an remembrance to never buy a VAG product ever again!
Dhruv29 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 23:29   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post
Update: 4th September, 2021

I received my car back with replaced A/C compressor, Drier & condenser. I had to wait an additional week due to VW S.C not having stock of R1234yf Refrigerant and it was not available anywhere else in near vicinity.
Speaks well for preparedness of company who is regularly facing A/C breakdowns of same model.
As of now it's working as expected.
!
I have T Roc and my ac is not working. R1234yf is not available in Jabalpur, Nagpur and Indore.

Is your AC working fine ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks