Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2021, 09:39   #16
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L: Clutch slips in first 2 gears only when launching!

Clutch will only slip under rapidly changing load (0-100 launches) but it won't slip while under persistent load (normal redlining). This is common with weak clutches.

That's why mechanic tests the clutch by randomly pushing the pedal to the metal so that they can see the jump in rpm and compare it to the speed change.

To ascertain that clutch is weak, take your car to nearby ghat section (mountain roads with steep incline) and see how it behaves, whether it is able to climb inclined roads or not and whether the clutch slips or not. I presume that the clutch won't engage even under persistent high rpm owing to higher inclination (more load on the engine so even more difficult for clutch to transmit power to the gears).
Rshrey22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 09:45   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L: Clutch slips in first 2 gears only when launching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
To ascertain that clutch is weak, take your car to nearby ghat section (mountain roads with steep incline) and see how it behaves, whether it is able to climb inclined roads or not and whether the clutch slips or not. I presume that the clutch won't engage even under persistent high rpm owing to higher inclination (more load on the engine so even more difficult for clutch to transmit power to the gears).
No issues at all while climbing ghats. I had driven 2 weeks back at Charmadi, Agumbe etc. There is not even minimal slip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks