Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 16:13   #1
BHPian

Tata Nexon water pump problem

Hey Guys,

I am creating this thread to seek your opinion on a issue diagnosed by Tata Service center in my Tata Nexon XZ Diesel 2019 model.
I sent my car for servicing today and I notified low level of coolant to the SA. I got a call later from the SA that my car's Water pump is faulty and has a leakage which is resulting in low coolant level. This part needs to be replaced and would cost me INR 6K. I told them that I had opted for extended warranty and this part should be covered in it. They came back that since the service of my vehicle was delayed few months the extended warranty will not cover this.
I told them the delay is due to Covid-19 lockdown and I have always serviced from a TSC and never taken my car elsewhere. Car has done a meagre 22K for 3rd service and whenever I have received a reminder call from TSC I have sent it promptly to the service center.

What option do I have here ? should I take this up with Tata Motors and take the vehicle back with a leaking water pump till this gets resolved or should I give in to the demands of service center ?

in Addition the service is costing me INR 8 K which includes oil change, air filter etc

Any one using a Tata Nexon faced similar issue ?
ShivrajG is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 16:28   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata Nexon water pump problem

Escalate in steps, jumping directly to TATA will spoil the relationship (at what ever level it may be)

Speak with Service manager, if that doesn't help escalate to TATA

PS: I personally hate this argument of 'vehicle not serviced on time' as if they are inspecting the water pump during periodic maintenance

Last edited by Mr.Boss : 17th August 2021 at 16:30.
Mr.Boss is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 18:28   #3
BHPian

Thanks Mr. Boss

I tried to talk some sense in the Service Manager to which they have said that they will send a claim in warranty however I need to pay upfront for the part i.e, 6K and once the claim is approved they will refund me the money.
If the claim is rejected then I can go ahead with my escalation to Tata Motors with the rejection email the SA will provide. It may take up to 7-8 days before the rejection/approval comes in.

My vehicle was due to be serviced in Month of May 21 during which the scare of second wave came in and so came the second lockdown. My baby was 3 months old that time and we were not even vaccinated, so I didn't took the risk of getting infected and go to service center. But I don't think such human arguments will work with Tata motors Bots.
ShivrajG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 19:00   #4
Senior - BHPian

All service centers are taking advantage of covid impact of not servicing the vehicles as per regular schedule. There are many warranty claims getting rejected by giving same reason.

And looking at Tata doing this, I can't stop laughing. Irrespective of whether the car is serviced regularly or not, their parts keep failing multiple times. How does it matter whether the car is serviced regularly or not?

Coming to the subject, write to Tatas right now and get their buy-in. There was a service holiday declared for 2 months during covid peak. If your service was due at that time approximately, then you can put your point and ask them to replace under warranty. If not, legally you don't have a ground to fight for 6k. Just go ahead and get it repaired.
gkveda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 19:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
I tried to talk some sense in the Service Manager to which they have said that they will send a claim in warranty however I need to pay upfront for the part i.e, 6K and once the claim is approved they will refund me the money.
If the claim is rejected then I can go ahead with my escalation to Tata Motors with the rejection email the SA will provide. It may take up to 7-8 days before the rejection/approval comes in.
Why should it take 7-8 days for a warranty approval?

Even the 'slow' VW approves warranty replacements in 1-2 days.

I think the Service center is trying to play around the bush.

You should escalate the matter to TML now.
abhishek46 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 10:17   #6
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon water pump problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Why should it take 7-8 days for a warranty approval?
Yes that was my first question to them that when it came to replacing my Keys they did it within a day in warranty and why would it take 7-8 days when water pump was also available with them. No clear answer received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Coming to the subject, write to Tatas right now and get their buy-in. There was a service holiday declared for 2 months during covid peak. If your service was due at that time approximately, then you can put your point and ask them to replace under warranty. If not, legally you don't have a ground to fight for 6k. Just go ahead and get it repaired.
The service period didnt fall in the timelines of service holidays however this was the time when covid-19 2nd wave was at peak in Maharashtra and I didnt want to take any risks without having vaccination.

I did agree with them for paying upfront and waiting for the warranty claim getting answered, so I will receive my vehicle with water pump replaced today evening.
however my concern is that my EW was valid till 2023 and if I face any major part failure they would simply refuse my claim. This thought gives me jitters and shakes my faith in Tata Motors.

I have not faced any issues with the vehicle or the ASC till now however now they are making me regret my decision of buying a Tata Vehicle.

I will keep this thread posted once I hear from them about the warranty claim. I have also written to tata Customer care however does anyone have any other emails for Western Zone ?

Last edited by ShivrajG : 18th August 2021 at 10:18. Reason: Grammer
Old 18th August 2021, 10:41   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
they will send a claim in warranty however I need to pay upfront for the part i.e, 6K and once the claim is approved they will refund me the money.
This is meaningless. SA/SM has the upper hand in getting the warranty claim accepted by TML easily than the customer. They should justify the claim on behalf of the customer, with valid reason and record from their end.

If you don't need the vehicle immediately, escalate to TML before the warranty claim is placed by the dealer and get it done through warranty replacement. Escalating a rejected claim may not workout evertime (sometimes because of technical reason and mostly due to ego clash)
Old 22nd August 2021, 11:37   #8
BHPian

Update: Since I raised complaint with Tata as well the Service center was quick to get approval of warranty claim and refunded the Water Pump amount they charged.
So all good in that front and car is back in perfect shape.
Lesson learnt: never delay the service of your car.

Thank you Bhpians for your advice and support.

Last edited by ShivrajG : 22nd August 2021 at 11:38.
ShivrajG is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 15:32   #9
BHPian

I had the exact same issue with my 2019 XZA+ . Mine was replaced under extended warranty. However they did charge for the coolant and they informed since it was in extended warranty the cost of the coolant is not covered.

I also had missed the scheduled service during the 2nd wave and they didnt make any fuss about it. There is a directive from TML to its dealers to be lenient on people who have missed their services between April to July 2021.

Another friend of mine had the same issue with his 2019 XMA too.

Seems like this is a known issue with the 2019 diesels.

Last edited by adityasiera : 1st September 2021 at 15:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks