Team-BHP - Professional paint shop setups in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Professional paint shop setups in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/24244-professional-paint-shop-setups-bangalore.html)

Can any of you gentlemen/ladies enlighten me about pro paint shops in BLR that do ceramic clearcoats ?

Thx.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 428607)
Can any of you gentlemen/ladies enlighten me about pro paint shops in BLR that do ceramic clearcoats ?

Thx.

watching too much national geographic are we??

ceramic clearcoat is too expensive noone will do it here. I dont think its done in india at all. not sure.

In bangalore we dont even have a proper paintshop. delhi and mumbai boys have it lucky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 428610)
watching too much national geographic are we??

That was the catalyst - other chemicals in there too

Cost-wise, I'd be flexible enough owing to the end-result of this job.

I'm currently dreaming about the stainless steel/chrome finish that the SL55 had at Speed Run in Mumbai. Anyone here do that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 428611)
That was the catalyst - other chemicals in there too

Cost-wise, I'd be flexible enough owing to the end-result of this job.

cost wise it will probably be roughly the cost of your car. Currently its only OEMS like ferrari and mercedes providing it.

Also the ceramic clearcoat is thicker than the current clearcoat. this extra thickness needs to be taken care at the manufacturing stage of the sheet metal. so the panel gaps still remain within the tolerance.

theres no shortcut to waxing the car dude. besides you need the workout.

Can someone explain how ceramic clearcoats are better than the regular stuff? Some of us are busy with our lives and aren't glued to Nat Geo :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 428625)
I'm currently dreaming about the stainless steel/chrome finish that the SL55 had at Speed Run in Mumbai. Anyone here do that?

That was quite a shoddy job C3PO. The chrome effect was not at all convincing, I'm sure there are people who can do better than that.

And what do you wanna paint?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 428642)
That was quite a shoddy job C3PO. The chrome effect was not at all convincing, I'm sure there are people who can do better than that.

Well I thought he was going for more of a stainless steel finish than chrome. I still think it was mindblowing, or atleast it would be on my car :D. Any idea who does 'em around here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 428630)
cost wise it will probably be roughly the cost of your car.

I dont think so. AFS EVERSHIELD CERAMIC SURFACE TREATMENT from Aircraft Spruce

Another article described a comprehensive aftermarket in-out ceramic clearcoat with other add-ons not exceeding a total cost of $250.

@v1p3r: Ceramic clearcoat was developed by Mercedes-Benz and later lincensed to Ferrari. Its a new type of clearcoat - from a suitably adjusted ceramic spray. Its advantages: its super hard, completely scratch/weather resistant and permanent. The car will have a wet look all its life.

Ok, nice. Now does anyone know who does that steel/chrome job?

here:

http://www.ppg.com/cr-refinish/phase1/frmHome.asp

these are the only guys who do the ceramic clearcoat for Ferrari and Maybach.

dupont still is not OEM to these guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 428658)

Maybe, will check & let you know tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 428658)

If Standox,Dupont or even Sikken's have what you require(anywhere in the world),I can put you on to some people in Bangalore.

Do your homework and give me a buzz i will Pm the contact details.

Are there some photos available for this so called "permanent wet look" of the cars? I would love to see how it looks if it is really that costly!