Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2021, 16:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Color fading / de-glossing on the front bumper of my red Tata Altroz

1) Since it was overlooked (for obvious excitement reasons ) during the delivery, there’s no point or even evidence to take this up with your dealer, who will obvious denial of this mishandling.

2) Did you take pre-repair photos of the car and compared it with post paint repair? If yes, you can to an extent contest. However, this comes with compromising on your peace, time & money as whoever in charge of the workshop will deny.

3) I know it hurts to see the unprofessional jobs done on our steeds, but to avoid more duress, time and money, I would suggest to get it repainted at a good workshop.
Old 25th October 2021, 12:15   #17
BHPian

Re: Color fading / de-glossing on the front bumper of my red Tata Altroz

hi, this dose not look like a paint fade issue. The paint on that particular area has been damaged, to be clear the clear coat has gone bad. This can happen only because of human intervention. reasons could be as below.
1) Was there a temp reg sticker stuck over that portion of the bumper? if yes then the after removing the sticker if someone tries to get rid of the glue residue using hard rubbing compound/solvent/paper etc. this kind of clear coat damaged can happen. it may take a while to notice as little quantity of wax will mask it for few days.
2) When the car was at dealership something scratched that area and rather then painting it properly they tried to repair it using the wrong method as said in point 1.

Last edited by aneesh2M : 25th October 2021 at 12:17.
aneesh2M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks