Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2021, 06:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner: Getting all doors to unlock automatically when driver's door is unlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Gadadhar, I have followed the process today with the help of Dean and was able to activate the auto door lock mechanism. Many thanks to you and your son for the research and help!! Appreciate it!!
Hi, surprisingly this is getting deactivated in my new Fortuner 2021 model. Anyone else facing the same issue?
Old 28th November 2021, 11:37   #17

Re: Toyota Fortuner: Getting all doors to unlock automatically when driver's door is unlocked

Quote:
Hi, surprisingly this is getting deactivated in my new Fortuner 2021 model. Anyone else facing the same issue?
We haven't faced this issue with our car yet, but if you have, then it's definitely an issue that we should bring to Toyota's notice, because it's a problem that they haven't acknowledged.

I believe if you try the same procedure again, the driver door linked locking should turn on again.
itsnotdeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 19:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotdeva View Post
We haven't faced this issue with our car yet, but if you have, then it's definitely an issue that we should bring to Toyota's notice, because it's a problem that they haven't acknowledged.

I believe if you try the same procedure again, the driver door linked locking should turn on again.
Well, well! I have redone the process little more meticulously and it works now! Thank you Dad and son duo!!
getsurya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 21:09   #19

Quote:
Well, well! I have redone the process little more meticulously and it works now! Thank you Dad and son duo!!
Wonderful! Glad we could help you!
itsnotdeva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 14:25   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotdeva View Post
Yes please do try it and let us know if it works. Putting the car in "Ignition On" is the main part, and ensuring all doors are closed when pressing the unlock button on the door.

If it does work with the Yaris, then it should work with every new gen Toyota model, which would probably help a lot of people.
I tried this on my 2018 Yaris and it works. I could set it back to the original setting too by repeating the same process. Thank you.
spiler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 08:50   #21

Thanks a lot Gadadhar and ItsNotDeva for highlighting this feature from the manual. I checked this works like a charm for driver door induced unlocking.

However, in my old gen (2010) fortuner, I had the automatic all doors unlock feature once the ignition was turned off. Found it pretty nifty after parking. Turn the ignition key to off position and all doors used to automatically unlock making way and signaling passengers to exit.

The current gen feature necessitates the driver to pull the driver side unlock lever to unlock all doors. This is an added step, just like clicking the unlock switch on the door control panel. Essentially, it is an added step. I searched here and there but couldn't get around to activating the ignition switch linked unlock function.
Old 21st January 2024, 13:28   #22
BHPian

Recently got Legender Sigma 4. The owners manual supplied with the car is of no use. So issue of all four doors automatically unlocking was not getting resolved till I found this forum. I followed the directions mentioned & it worked.
Thank you @ itsnotdeva
Rahul Lal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks