Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 12:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon AMT gearbox issues | Dealer gives estimate of Rs. 71,000 for repairs

I believe (and I might be completely wrong, so sorry in advance) the AMT unit used in Tata cars are the same right from Nano to Nexon.

I too had a AMT failure in my Nano and the cost of repairs was estimated at 70k. My car had run just 27k in over 5.5 years.
I did get goodwill warranty and had to pay around half the amount from my pocket.

The sadest part is, Tata does not provide any warranty after changing such an important / cost part.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 08:20   #17
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon AMT gearbox issues | Dealer gives estimate of Rs. 71,000 for repairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
So sorry to hear your predicament and pls keep us posted on the outcome.

I have the same car, XZA+ Diesel from 3.5 yrs, 45K kms. I too get a few times where gear box took a little while longer especially at the moving from stand still. Did you face any wierd issues before the gear box gave up ?
Unfortunately I need to eat my own words here.

My Gearbox had signs of grinding, jerking and yesterday it came to a complete stop stuck in reverse gear at a busy road / junction near forum mall, Koramangala , Bangalore. I had to wait for 2 hr before the RSA gave a good option to transport the vehicle back to the Authorised service Center. A. friendly SA gave a tow contact in the meanwhile and finally the car was put on a flat bed and transported to the Service Center late last night.

Waiting for the diagnosis and hope it won’t affect my pocket too much. I had taken the extended warranty as well as P2P from Tata. Fingers crossed.
charanreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 15:49   #18
BHPian

Looking at number of failures of gear boxes around the range of Tata cars, I am now skeptical about their core strength of mechanically sorted cars. Myself is the victim of gearbox failure in my Tata Hexa manual(https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-resolved.html (My TATA Hexa XT Gearbox issue: Car remains neutral when 5th gear is engaged | UPDATE - Resolved!)). By above examples one must take extended warranty compulsorily to stay stress free during these situations.
Old 16th January 2022, 11:54   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
Unfortunately I need to eat my own words here.

My Gearbox had signs of grinding, jerking and yesterday it came to a complete stop stuck in reverse gear at a busy road / junction near forum mall, Koramangala , Bangalore. I had to wait for 2 hr before the RSA gave a good option to transport the vehicle back to the Authorised service Center. A. friendly SA gave a tow contact in the meanwhile and finally the car was put on a flat bed and transported to the Service Center late last night.

Waiting for the diagnosis and hope it won’t affect my pocket too much. I had taken the extended warranty as well as P2P from Tata. Fingers crossed.
Update. A faulty clutch was the diagnosis and was promptly replaced under P2P scheme.

A note to all Nexon owners out there. Please get extended warranty and P2P AMC. It more than pays the initial cost. I have got any where between 2X and 4X in brake pad/ disc, wiper blades and clutch replacements.
charanreddy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks