Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2022, 15:01   #1

Tata Cars Diagnostic and ECU data files

I am planning to self remap my tata tigor diesel which is code named as Kite_5_1p05_Diesel in the records of Tata. I have ordered the Tactrix original from USA which is expected to reach on 7 march 2022. As you might be aware that Ecu Flash software uses xml file to map locations (addresses) in ecu bin file to recognize various engine maps. So, I tried to gather as much information about tata diagnostics as possible. They use Samtec HS+ lite and VCI to communicate with the ecus. But since these hardware are not available for general public so I decided to use Clone Kess first but it was not able to ID the ECU as expected. Now, I am hoping that J2534 protocol of Tactrix should be able to take a read on ecu to get original file. I have got a lot of data from tata diagnostics which is available at the link https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...v8?usp=sharing for any one to use. I am still not able to find information about the hexadecimal addresses for mapping various engine parameters but I am not giving up. Will try to keep everyone updated on the progress. Here is a link for Winols, ECM Titanium and other software if it helps any one out there who is in same boat as me. https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...AG?usp=sharing
gaurvr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 16:03   #2

Today I got hold of database files used by my ECU scanners which is Delphi DCM2.5P. The same database is used by New model Indica and other cars. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lw3...ew?usp=sharing

I also recorded the sensor data of my car Tata Tigor diesel BSIV 1.05L. The maximum specs are:

Maximum rail pressure allowed by ECU: approx 23000 PSI (Tata data allows 28K PSI)
Intake temp range in Feb 2022: Between 23 to 30 degree celsius
Boost pressure from Turbo: Maximum 16 PSI (Tata data allows up to 30 PSI)
MAF CFM maximum: Was able to make it upto 530

I could not find O2 sensors on catalyst and Exhaust line of the car. Is it normal to not give O2 sensor on Diesel engines. Then how OEM ecu goes into close loop fuel trim that is a mystery to me. Torque App did not record oil temperature so do not know if that sensor is faulty or there is fault on Protocol level. Hoping to receive tactrix soon. Will keep everyone updated on my ecu mapping quest of tata car

Last edited by aah78 : 4th March 2022 at 17:39. Reason: Posts merged.
gaurvr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 15:29   #3

Re: Tata Cars Diagnostic and ECU data files

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurvr View Post
Today I got hold of database files used by my ECU scanners which is Delphi DCM2.5P. The same database is used by New model Indica and other cars. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lw3...ew?usp=sharing

I also recorded the sensor data of my car Tata Tigor diesel BSIV 1.05L. The maximum specs are:

Maximum rail pressure allowed by ECU: approx 23000 PSI (Tata data allows 28K PSI)
Intake temp range in Feb 2022: Between 23 to 30 degree celsius
Boost pressure from Turbo: Maximum 16 PSI (Tata data allows up to 30 PSI)
MAF CFM maximum: Was able to make it upto 530

I could not find O2 sensors on catalyst and Exhaust line of the car. Is it normal to not give O2 sensor on Diesel engines. Then how OEM ecu goes into close loop fuel trim that is a mystery to me. Torque App did not record oil temperature so do not know if that sensor is faulty or there is fault on Protocol level. Hoping to receive tactrix soon. Will keep everyone updated on my ecu mapping quest of tata car
Today I got the Tactrix Openport 2.0 from USA and tried to read my ECU. I used read_sti04.xml template of subaru for reading as it was only template that could tell me the VIN and CVN (calibration) numbers of my cars. But It was not able to get the rom file. Here is the error I got.

[13:48:41.395] using metadata XML ID read_sti04 from file C:/Program Files (x86)/OpenECU/EcuFlash/rommetadata/read templates/read_sti04.xml
[13:48:41.421] J2534 API Version: 04.04
[13:48:41.421] J2534 DLL Version: 1.02.4870 Feb 3 2017 23:36:31
[13:48:41.421] Device Firmware Version: 1.17.4877
[13:48:41.421] Device Serial Number: TABSIyE1
[13:48:44.728] kernel get version
[13:48:44.943] interface close
[13:48:44.970] J2534 API Version: 04.04
[13:48:44.970] J2534 DLL Version: 1.02.4870 Feb 3 2017 23:36:31
[13:48:44.970] Device Firmware Version: 1.17.4877
[13:48:44.970] Device Serial Number: TABxxxx
[13:48:45.424] VIN: MATxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[13:48:45.633] CVN: Axxxxxxx
[13:48:45.728] interface close
[13:48:45.745] J2534 API Version: 04.04
[13:48:45.745] J2534 DLL Version: 1.02.4870 Feb 3 2017 23:36:31
[13:48:45.745] Device Firmware Version: 1.17.4877
[13:48:45.745] Device Serial Number: TABSIyE1
[13:48:45.925] SSM2 init
[13:48:46.353] SSM2 init
[13:48:46.778] SSM2 init
[13:48:47.193] SSM2 init
[13:48:47.606] SSM2 init
[13:48:48.022] SSM2 init
[13:48:48.445] SSM2 init
[13:48:48.869] SSM2 init
[13:48:49.296] SSM2 init
[13:48:49.716] SSM2 init
[13:48:50.242] interface close
[13:48:50.243] interface close

If someone else has used tactrix for indian cars then please help me here.
gaurvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 00:12   #4

Hi,

I was looking to learn more about my tiago jtp before remapping. A clone of the samtec hs+ is now available for sale online.

I do need the tds software from tata. Do you by any chance have it? The schematics and wiring diagrams would be invaluable for me.

Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 13:06   #5

Register on their site. You will get a lot of info. here is the link: https://ed.tatamotors.com/frmLogin.aspx

I also have tigor/tiago xz+ infotainment system update file if you have older model car then you can update the infotainment software. Here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i0q...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd March 2024 at 15:30. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
gaurvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 14:50   #6

Recently I came to know about BitBox software which is capable of flashing tigor diesel ecu. I also came to know that petrol version of tata tigor and tiago are using Bosch MEDC 17 ecu definition for flash. You can use PCM flash software easily available at some ecu related forums. If you own petrol version then consider yourself luck as only tactrix is what you need apart from PCM flash to remap your ecu. WinOLS is the best software I could came across for modifying the ecu data.

Now regarding my own ECU which is DCM 2.5P I came to know that MCU chip used in my ecu is from Infineon and model either XC2768X or XC2788X has flash memory size of 1088 KB. I am reserving the option to buy Bitbox for later as I still want to play with PCM flash software. If you are interested in MCU then can visit the link https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infine...25366478d438e6

Will update when I reach the point of getting my ecu bin file.
Old 11th March 2024, 13:58   #7

Hi Everyone, great news today. I got my bitbox license from ECUtools and today I have successfully read my ECU file. Now, I will spend some time in looking for feasible maps in the ECU bin file. Most probably will use WinOLS software to analyze my file. Here is the link to my file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XBF...ew?usp=sharing

If you have Tata Tigor diesel then the file will be same to you. This post can also be used to access stock rom of the Tigor diesel DCM2.5P ECU if you ever need it.

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th March 2024 at 14:17. Reason: Caps where needed.
gaurvr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 12:40   #8

Hello everyone who is following me. Past week a lot happened. I was able to identify various maps in my ecu file and for starter test I just changed driver wish map. (Although driver wish map does not increase any power in the engine but it can still distribute power at various RPM ranges according to your selection.) It is the only safe map which can be freely messed around and it will not break your engine because various limiter maps keep watch on it. One biggest blunder I did was: starting to write on my ECU via OBD when voltage was low (12.40V). Later I came to know that when you start writing to your ECU, a very high current is drawn from battery to erase data so that new data can be written in ECU (most probably Flash rom or EEPROM). So when you start writing with low voltage, first few blocks in ecu get erased, process stops due to low voltage and you get a dead ecu that cannot be recovered by most of the after market ecu flashing tools and there is a little chance that OEM can recover that. I was one of those lucky guys who got his ecu recovered from Tata service center. Now, I have ordered Powerbox for bench ecu programming so that I do not get in messy situation again due to power loss. Next this I did is went to car scrap yard and bought a DCM 2.5 ecu at a price of 3,000 rupee. Now I have an ecu with which I can freely do my things. I also got to get Tigor/Tiago Diesel and Petrol Workshop manual. So if someone needs any info related to parameters of these cars, they can freely ask me. I am attaching an image of ECU pinout of Tiago/Tigor Diesel if you are in the same boat as me.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Cars Diagnostic and ECU data files-20240401_123859.png  

Old 1st April 2024, 19:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. Now I have an ecu with which I can freely do my things.
Does the new ecu require key programming or immobilizer cleared for starting the car?
Old 1st April 2024, 20:12   #10

I am waiting for powerbox to receive. Hopefully will get it in a week. I can confirm then. But as per my theoretical knowledge if you have copied the full content of your ECU then copying it in another ECU will transfer everything including immo and injector info. Note that you will need bench flashing to copy all data.

Last edited by graaja : 1st April 2024 at 20:18. Reason: Minor typo, capitalization of "ECU"
Old 4th April 2024, 12:43   #11

Anyone looking for pins of ECU in Tiago/Tigor Petrol car. Please find attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Cars Diagnostic and ECU data files-tiago_tigor_petrol_ecu_pins.png  

gaurvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 13:52   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Register on their site. You will get a lot of info. here is the link: https://ed.tatamotors.com/frmLogin.aspx

I also have tigor/tiago xz+ infotainment system update file if you have older model car then you can update the infotainment software. Here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i0q...ew?usp=sharing
How do you register on the website without Dealer code and Dealer type?

It would be helpful if you can share the workshop manual of Tiago/Tigor if you have access to it.Thanks.
Old 4th April 2024, 19:28   #13

Just input some random numbers and details on site. I cannot share the manual currently but I can help you with whatever info you need from manual. The reason is it is encrypted to system and have around 1100 pages. I can take screenshot of page individually and share. Taking 1100 screenshots and compiling them is a lot work for me.
Old 6th April 2024, 13:47   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
How do you register on the website without Dealer code and Dealer type?

It would be helpful if you can share the workshop manual of Tiago/Tigor if you have access to it.Thanks.
Hi Sagar, I was able to create a decrypted copy of the workshop manual website for tata tiago/tigor. Please use the link below to download full folder. Extract the downloaded folder at your desired non system location and use it with internet off. You can open any html file from assets\basic-html folder in the extracted folder and use Table of content icon at the top left corner to go to home page of manual. The folder has two manuals service manual as well as electrical manual. Hope this comes beneficial for Team-bhp community.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde..._e?usp=sharing
gaurvr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 14:24   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Does the new ecu require key programming or immobilizer cleared for starting the car?
Hi govigov, My shippment of powerbox is still in process but your question caused me to dig deeped into immobilizer and keys. What I learned is summarized below.

There are two ways companies use Immobilizer system. In first case, the immobilizer (key and coil) is connected to immobilizer ECU (a separate ecu) which decides whether to unlock the engine or not and then sends signals to main ecu do accordingly. So, if you key does not match what is stored in immbolizer ecu then this ecu sends signal to main ecu that it might be a thief and do not allow fuel pump/injector/sparkplugs to work. This is the best case if you are replacing only main ecu then you can use key learning trick using clutch pedal press codes (some old workshop guys near your workshop will know.) because the immobilizer ecu will be happy with the original key and it will send signal to ecu that everything is fine. The second case is when immobilizer coil sends signal to immbilizer antenna/amplifier and this amplified signal is sent to main ECU at immo pin for verification. In this case, you need to perform reprogramming of key as well when installing the new ECU.

There are various bypass methods available on YouTube for immo but they are not worth the risk of loosing your car so if I am changing ecu and it needs pairing of key from dealer then its OK to spend 2k for key programming or 500 in local market repair shop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks