Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 17:57   #1
BHPian

Matiz suspension issues

I've been driving my Uncle's Matiz for the past few months and I believe there is a serious problem with the rear suspension. On bad/uneven roads the car lurches to the left on the rear side. Since I know the car behaves this way, I do take care while I drive. But still, i need to get it repaired/rectified.

A few questions:

1) How much does a suspension overhaul cost?
2) Any pointers in Mumbai/Pune where I can get it done by a reliable mechanic?

I'm happy with the performance of the car - it's given me - depending on right foot pressure - between 15 and 19 KMPL. It's done about 80k kms and is in decent condition otherwise. I do feel a slight loss in power over say a Maruti 800.

Superavi
Old 14th June 2007, 20:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Looks like your balancing rod may be in some trouble. Or the rear shocks. I had a similar problem in my Matiz (2,60,000 kms, 1999 edition) only when I bust my rear shock absorber. Plus, check the rubbers. I don't know what the balancing rod costs, but the cost should not be more than 5k at most.

I do my servicing at Thane (Wagle estate) - Mavis Motors 25828989 - used to be a Daewoo Service Centre, and they have guys with experience with Matiz.

There is also one guy called Madan who broke away from Mavis, claims to do the work - 9867322707 - at Powai, Bombay.

Kumar
Old 15th June 2007, 12:06   #3
BHPian

Thanks HVKumar - 260000 - wow! That is indeed a lot of kilometres! I'll check with Mavis, it's closer to Badlapur.

Superavi
Old 15th June 2007, 12:26   #4
BHPian

superavi@ i see ur location as Pune too.....

i also have a 2000 matiz done 94K and making me & my family smile all the 7 years (devarshi...the spark made u smile, right??)

anyways, few days ago i had hired local taxi from Pune airport to my house on way back from B'lore.....i got a blue matiz taxi driven by a sardarji....exterirors were ok, but man the suspension job done on it was excellent.....he said he gets the work done from Speed Automotive in Chichwad...even shown me the bill for suspensio work rounding to somewhere arnd 6K.....the cab had 2,50,000 + on the odo

the contact person there is Anand @ 9822267486....

superavi incase u happen to go there (i've not been there) and get work done, please pm me details..
Old 15th June 2007, 13:32   #5
BHPian

Thanks Zakaas, I'll probably go to Chinchwad first! It's closer to me in Pune than Thane from Badlapur.

Will let you know when I do go there.

Superavi
Old 15th June 2007, 13:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Wonder what happened to the crew at Gem Automobiles in Chinchwad - they used to be a Matiz dealer once upon a time.

Kumar
Old 15th June 2007, 13:44   #7
BHPian

they all vanished.....same with people @ Sharada (aka Taurus aka planet ford)....tried to locate them but invain....

however, getting parts is not that difficult in Pune...'national tempo' in Rasta peth, 'Narang' opp to Laxmi Narayan Theater, some spare-part shop exactly opp to Jangli Maharaj Mandir on J M Road.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks