Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 11:52   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz Petrol stalls randomly while driving

Were you able to resolve this?
If so, let us know for future reference.
Old 28th June 2022, 21:19   #17
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz Petrol stalls randomly while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesharo View Post
Hello All

I have Dec'10 Ritz(P) with 85k on the odometer.

For the past few weeks, I am observing a problem while driving the car suddenly stalls on its own.

The car starts on its own(pressing the race pedal) when at higher speeds, but at lower speeds, with all the functionalities(steering, brakes, etc) going down, it is quite scary and unsafe.

I went to a local mechanic and the scan showed no error codes. He said that till the scan shows some error, there isn't anything he can do.

He said that the problem is with ECU most probably and advised to take a new one on rent for a week and then pay the full amount if the problem is not seen again.

He was against getting the wiring checked as he said the mechanic will open the entire can to check all the wiring and it is not worth the effort.

Any advice on what can be the problem?
Did you check the idle engine RPM ? is it fluctuating a lot ? The idle engine RPM on new cars is set by the ECU. It could be a problem with the ECU or O2 sensor. Please get them checked !
ECU controls the amount of air entering the engine for proper combustion to happen, to fire the pistons. In my view it should be the prime suspect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks