Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2022, 21:53   #16
BHPian

Re: New Tyres keep going flat on my Mercedes C-Class

Since the issue has occurred multiple times post replacement of the valve, there is slim chance of the valves themselves being an issue. You may want to inspect:
1. Condition of valve seat - defective / damaged seat will cause the valves to leak once the tyre usage unseats the valves
2. SOP dealer is following to fit the valves

It may save your time & effort in paying a visit to some tyre expert for a view and to sort out the issue once & for all.
Aritra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 18:15   #17
BHPian

Thank you so much for all the help guys! Really appreciate.

To answer some of the questions:

1. The fitting of the tyres is okay. They are the same size as the OEM ones. I am sure the leakage was from the valve area.

2. The alloys are okay. A slight deflection was observed in only one of the rims, but it wasn’t something one would worry about.

I got new Bridgestone valves fitted on all 4 tyres. Drove around for about 10 km, things seem fine as of now. I will be able to reach a conclusion once the car runs a considerable distance.
Attached Thumbnails
New Tyres keep going flat on my Mercedes C-Class-45506b9d95c1457390c187559bc51aaa.jpeg  

New Tyres keep going flat on my Mercedes C-Class-b651167177e6477cb67ac3d3c3e52830.jpeg  

Sanidhya mukund is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 09:13   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidhya mukund View Post
Thank you so much for all the help guys! Really appreciate.

I got new Bridgestone valves fitted on all 4 tyres. Drove around for about 10 km, things seem fine as of now. I will be able to reach a conclusion once the car runs a considerable distance.
So I have driven about 2-2.5k since I got these Bridgestone valves, and the car has been going flawlessly. No air leaks whatsoever. This does lead me to conclude beyond reasonable doubt that the Mercedes valves were of bad quality or were not being fitted properly.

Sad to see that a local tyre shop does valve replacements better than the authorised MB dealership. Disappointing because one pays top dollar to these guys and the least they can do is to ensure that the customer is not left stranded in the middle of the road with multiple leaking tyres at the same time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks