Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2007, 14:42   #1
BANNED

Wagon R under warranty defogger not working , glass needs to be changed !

My 10 months old wagon R has a problem. The rear defogger is not working, only 1-2 lines in that are working. Called the authorized service station said it will be covered under warranty but the whole rear glass needs to be changed.

Now I知 confused whether I should go for it or just let it remain the way it is because I知 apprehensive that after company fit would be as good as original

Also, I知 not sure if I値l have to pay for the sealant or not and if they ask me to pay for it, should I retaliate an say it should be covered under warranty as well

Any suggestion guys would be a great help
Old 21st June 2007, 15:51   #2
BHPian

Akhilesh I suggest you to go ahead and change the rear glass under warranty.
Don稚 be apprehensive about the fit, it will be fine and you won稚 know the difference. I am sure you won稚 have to pay for the sealant and labor, warranty should cover that.

Hellcat.
Old 21st June 2007, 16:17   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
My 10 months old wagon R has a problem. The rear defogger is not working, only 1-2 lines in that are working. Called the authorized service station said it will be covered under warranty but the whole rear glass needs to be changed.

Now I知 confused whether I should go for it or just let it remain the way it is because I知 apprehensive that after company fit would be as good as original

Also, I知 not sure if I値l have to pay for the sealant or not and if they ask me to pay for it, should I retaliate an say it should be covered under warranty as well

Any suggestion guys would be a great help
Please get it changed under warranty.

Its comes in real handy during monsoons.
Old 22nd June 2007, 09:52   #4
BANNED

Thanks Guys !

It is a great help in monsoon, realized it last week when it pouring heavily in Delhi and defogger wasn't working. Would be going to the service centre this Saturday, lets see what they have to say about it or if the ask me for the sealant cost, would keep you guys posted.
Old 22nd June 2007, 16:33   #5
BHPian

Warranty replacement should be free of labour or sealant costs. It will be as good as the original. Don't worry at all.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:48   #6
BANNED

I'm very happy and impressed with maruti's service, the dealer was D.D Motors in Maya Puri Industrial area in delhi. Took my car on saturday and they were very prompt in their service and immediately said it would be replaced under warranty. They never asked for the sealant cost or anything else.

The glass was replaced right on time and looks as good as new . They even gave touchups to minor scratches here n there.

So to sum up it was the right decision. Thanks guys for your opinions

Akhilesh
Old 26th June 2007, 04:20   #7
BHPian

Ok I have a question. If the de-fogger becomes weak or faulty then the only alternative is to change the rear glass???
Isn't it possible to just remove the sticker lines and change the de-fogger itself?

It does not work very well on my car after all these years and I wanted to get this changed, but after going through this thread, I don't know if I have a choice!!
Old 26th June 2007, 07:35   #8
Team-BHP Support

@ankit, its not as simple as replacing those "stickers" (as you call them) to get the defogger working. The rear glass comes built with the heating elements. Otherwise Maruti would not have gone ahead and replaced the whole glass when a few lines of the elements stopped working. Similarly, its not so easy to convert a regular car to have defogger as an after-market fitment.
Old 26th June 2007, 09:27   #9
BANNED

Rightly said by Zappo, it is not a mere sticker, imagine if it would have been just a sticker it would come off easily on heating. That is what the case is with many after company fitments I saw..
Old 27th June 2007, 01:37   #10
BHPian

Thanks Zappo and akhilesh.

The reason I said sticker is because if I remember correctly, I read somewhere that you can get the defogger installed as an after-market fitment and its stuck-on to the rear glass. Apologies!

Is there a way one can revive the dying element lines or make them work better, by any chance?

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks