Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 02:45   #16
BHPian

Dont worry Jassi, as you said its your first car. Its a learning experience. We've all made our share of mistakes. Anyways, since now you're a member on Team-BHP, you can look up any furthur issues you might have. People on this community are way more helpful than most 'service advisors'.
Old 23rd June 2007, 08:32   #17
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to say but you've been taken for a jolly good ride.
Old 23rd June 2007, 09:17   #18
BHPian

Underbody anti rust treatment on a Santro costs Rs 1250 in Jabalpur two years ago, with 3 years warranty.
Old 23rd June 2007, 09:17   #19
BHPian

Thanks Deepz/All,

In the last 1.5 yrs I have done lotsa things like change to alloys and wider tires as well as got a cat-back exhaust, etc. And I am sure I have paid 4-5% more bcos I wanted it from a reliable source, but I never thought the service centre guys of all people would take me for a ride
Well I can look at it positively and think of it as a learning experience and know for sure this wont happen again with my next car as well as be able to advise my friends. Besides I am planning to do a few mods like automech exhaust and K&N univ filter and for all these things I have already been looking on tbhp for a month gathering info. This definitely is a good source of info and you ppl have been very helpful

cheers,
j
Old 25th June 2007, 06:06   #20
BANNED

The guys have really taken you for a ride !!!!

Out of the 4 items : engine lacquering & a/c neutralizing is 100% cheating.

And the under chasis coating for Santro from Dupont with 5 years warranty costs only Rs.2000.
Old 25th June 2007, 09:15   #21
BHPian

well looking at the posts is making me think. Have a 3 yrs 8 months old santro. I am from Mumbai, should i get the underbody antirsut coating done?
Old 25th June 2007, 11:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

asap, thats a must for rainy areas and where flooding occurs. I got it done after 4 years of running.
Old 25th June 2007, 12:01   #23
BHPian

Hey Mainak,

Make sure you get a good price on this - from this thread i have learnt it is needed for coastal areas. I paid 3750 plus taxes, but ppl have indicated it can go as low as 2k (dupont). Try and get it done from a trusted source. The way to verify if its done is by checkin on ur underbody or near wheel arches for a brownish coating. Also insist on the coating being properly dried (verify urself by checking if dry) and a see if they do a double coat. Lastly you can ask for a multi year guarantee (hyundai gave me 5 yrs guarantee).

Good luck and dont get fooled into too much of an expense like me negotiate and get a good deal

Cheers,
j
Old 25th June 2007, 13:59   #24
BHPian

oh thnx jassi for the same. Would check up with the hyundai showrrom close to me.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Carry out paid service, general checkup, fluids like wiper fluid and engine oil replacement (servo20wd i think) - 2400rs
What !!! now they started charging for wiper fluids also ?

I think there should be an itemised bill & not a general one including everything in one package. Insist on one & check with the MRPs on each oil etc that they claim to have changed. Just let them know that you know your stuff & your math.
Old 25th June 2007, 14:53   #26
BHPian

" 4) highly recommended under chasis coating for corrosion, which i have been avoiding since first free service - 4250rs."

3M charges 3000Rs for this.
Old 25th June 2007, 15:17   #27
BANNED

I think so now you have canceled your plan for these expences.
Old 25th June 2007, 16:53   #28
BHPian

@ajaybiz
if ur talking about me, i surely think would get it done fast.
Old 25th June 2007, 17:57   #29
BHPian

ajaybiz, if u are asking me, i have spent the amount already. I may not need this stuff here in bangalore but my car is ready for coastal areas now for sure

cheers,
j
Old 26th June 2007, 12:18   #30

Hmm,i myself being an advaith hyundai customer can understand jassi's problems...I have had 1 free services done and was being constantly bugged for all these optionals when i have given it for servicing(they hardly asked what is wrong with my car but kept asking about optionals)..the last time i fell in their trap n did that 4k corrosion coating(they said the sooner i do it the better)..In any case,free servicing for them seems to be nothing more than a car wash.I gave my car for service at around 11 am and got back my car before 2 pm(with the corrosion coating done)..dunno how they manage it..This time i m planning to avoid anything extra...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks