Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2007, 14:40   #1
BHPian

How is the maintainence of Hyundai Getz?

Hi all,
Please tell about how is the cost spares and how often do the parts need to be changed. I plan to keep the vehicle for 6-8 years.I will be doing highway driving once in 15- 30 days and city driving also with 4-5 passengers in it. Your inputs are valuable as i've to decide on buying it or not. The car is Hyundai Getz Prime GVS model.

Regards,
RAmki.
Old 22nd June 2007, 15:24   #2

Hi all ,

I am using GETZ GLS for last 2 yrs and I can vouch for its build quality and its fantastic in most aspects

The areas that could be better :

A) Better outside visibility
B) More pliant suspension
C) Underpowered with A/C in city driving . requires constant gearshift

I can assure you driving 1.1 Santro engine in a car weighing 1050+ kgs is not a good idea ... unless you are going to be driven around !!!

Bottomline : Stay away from Getz Prime
Old 22nd June 2007, 21:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Do not go for Getz Prime 1.1 if you want adequate power. Santro engine is not enough to pull the weight of Getz and with AC the car is very sluggish.

I am using Getz Prime 1.3 GLX version (ABS+Alloys). The engine is the same as the old model. Hyundai is known for cheaper spares and good A.S.S. You dont have to worry.

The car is very good and it gives comfort of a luxury car. Go for it if you dont mind spending for a premium hatch back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks