Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:54   #1
BHPian

one head lamp turning on late or later ??

Friend any insight will help. I have been seeing this problem for over a month. When I turn the head lights on the left hand side head lamp turns on a little late, probably seconds later than the right handside one. Some times it take longer or does not turn on.

Could it be any thing other than a loose contact ?

The car is Petra 1.6.
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

contacts loose, corroded. check the earthing for the LT side and also swap the bulb and see if its a bulb issue.
Old 24th June 2007, 10:15   #3
BHPian

Its probably the relay of the headlight which comes on later, which is to blame. If its annoying, replace it with relay for wiper or something. But, since it sometimes does not come on at all, better to replace it.

The relay is like a switch. They are used to avoid the need for the entire circuit current to pass through the switches in the cabin. So, these would be typically be for circuits using large currents. So 4 for headlamps (2 for high beam and 2 for low beam), 1 for wiper etc.

Last edited by risga : 24th June 2007 at 10:17.
risga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2007, 11:06   #4
BHPian

this can be got done by some cleaning WD40. also check your contact points of the electrical connection where ever they are located and clean / scrap if theres rust with a sparkplug cleaning knife. Give this a try if the problme persists then it has to be the relays or some connection as other members have said.
Old 24th June 2007, 11:29   #5
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions friends, I am going to make another visit to workshop and get it fixed. I heard the head lamps are harder to get, so a bit worried tinkering with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks