Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2007, 21:07   #1
BHPian

Water mixed Ethanol blending can be lethal for your car.

Hi! Guys read it in the Business Standard 27/06/07, Delhi Edition. I am posting the link. Please check.

Ethanol blending can be lethal for your car
Old 27th June 2007, 22:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Horsepower
I read that in the morning and in fact thought of doing what you did. Thanks.

But I must say, somewhere the story smacked of something being wrong. It seemed as if some very strong and powerful anti-ethanol lobby got it printed. I mean what they said sounds very logical, but the way the story was written and the way BS displayed it on page one, looked like there is more to it.

Having said that, I have very high personal respect for the newspaper and its editor Mr Ninan. But something was wrong there.

By the way, I have been a journlist with a pink paper (much larger than BS) for about seven years and know some of the ways that the media industry works.
Old 28th June 2007, 10:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

This article is not about ethanol being bad for your car, its about ethanol blended with water is bad for your car.

Which is like saying do not mix water in your engine oil, it is bad for your car, which everyone knows, petrol pumps need to prevent the water blending with petrol and take appropriate precautions while installing their underground tanks.

The subject of this thread needs to be changed to avoid confusions.

Last edited by dadu : 28th June 2007 at 10:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks