Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2022, 09:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar | Juddering due to faulty fuel injectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_fiat View Post
After clearing the error code and dpf regen, they returned the car asking me not to undertake any road trips in near future. They suspected that the issue will reoccur after some time.

I drive mainly on outer ring road (Hyderabad) and occasionally within city limits. My usage pattern should definitely clear out the DPF automatically.
What sort of nonsense advise is this? Isn't highway or Hyderabad ORR usage exactly what manual DPF regeneration is? 2000 rpm for 20 minutes.

Also the juddering symptoms and diagnosis are different, DPF regen in one and injector failure in another

Quote:
I am suspecting bad fuel.
This is my guess too.
Old 15th November 2022, 09:58   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
What sort of nonsense advise is this? Isn't highway or Hyderabad ORR usage exactly what manual DPF regeneration is? 2000 rpm for 20 minutes.

Also the juddering symptoms and diagnosis are different, DPF regen in one and injector failure in another
With BS6, diesel engines have become quite sensitive to fuel inputs. I never faced any issues with my Fiat Punto 1.3 multijet which served me well for 1.5 lakh kms and has seen a fair share of fuel outlets.

In my case the mechanics were not very sure on the actual cause of the issue. They cleared the error code but deep down they knew this issue will resurface. I was told that they will go for replacement if we get the error again. True to their belief, error occurred again. Since, it is under warranty they decided it to replace the entire catalytic converter unit. I opted for extended warranty at the time of purchase. Lets see how the car holds up.
Will be going for 2nd free service in a couple of weeks. It will be interesting to see the DPF levels.
maximus_fiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 01:30   #18
BHPian

I was having the same issue (Kia Carens Diesel AT) and when I first took the car to the service center they couldn't identify and replicate the issue because there was no error code/ check engine lights in the instrument panel. However, I had an accident and left the car in the shop for an extended time where they were able to replicate the issue. I did mention this thread and asked them to check the fuel injectors, but they said it was due to DPF and said they fixed it. I don't know how they fixed and what they replaced.

However, the car is still showing the same issues and my cousin who was driving the car stumbled upon this issue and he said the same thing.

What is the truth? Is it due to fuel injectors or catalytic converter?
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 23:18   #19
BHPian

Alcazar D AT Headache

Similar issue on my Alcazar 1.5D AT. Initially service centre at Hyderabad (Lakshmi) failed to acknowledge my problem. Had a tough time convincing them.

I had to show them this thread and finally they atleast acknowledged after recording a horrible instance of judder on video. Initially they replaced ECM and Console (don't know how exactly they arrived at that diagnosis). They claimed to have no problems after checking for 200+ kms.

Car comes home, 2 days later issue is back. Sent the car back. Now replaced Torque converter.
They told me that they had no problems after testing for 150-200kms. Got the car back.

One week later issue is back. More than a month now and no solution. No CEL till now. Had a DPF regen notice in the console and I did it according to the service manual.

Went for a Highway drive of 500kms at mostly constant speeds above 80. While driving Back wierd that now I get the DPF regen required error again on console.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd May 2023 at 14:24. Reason: Clubbing into paras for better readability.
nagateja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 16:00   #20
BHPian

Re: Alcazar D AT Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post

What is the truth? Is it due to fuel injectors or catalytic converter?
My fuel injector was changed when my car was around 10000kms. It has hit 24000 now (around 6+ months) and no issues since then. So I am guessing the fuel injector change fixed the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
Similar issue on my Alcazar 1.5D AT.
Initially service centre at Hyderabad (Lakshmi) failed to acknowledge my problem. Had a tough time convincing them.
Pretty much the same issue on my Alcazar. It was very hard to reproduce when at the service center. And it was Lakshmi Hyundai as well. But had a service advisor that was willing to listen to me. Without the CEL glowing, it was initiially tough to convince them. But stay on point and ask them to replace the fuel injector. All the best.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2023, 14:22   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Pretty much the same issue on my Alcazar. It was very hard to reproduce when at the service center. And it was Lakshmi Hyundai as well. But had a service advisor that was willing to listen to me. Without the CEL glowing, it was initiially tough to convince them. But stay on point and ask them to replace the fuel injector. All the best.
May I know which Laxmi Hyundai branch and if I can get the advisor or service manager involved in your case, that would be of great help.
Old 1st June 2023, 11:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagateja View Post
May I know which Laxmi Hyundai branch and if I can get the advisor or service manager involved in your case, that would be of great help.
Sorry for late response. The branch is Lakshmi Hyundai Whitefield. Johnson and Mr. Chetan were involved with this case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks