Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2022, 10:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Incomplete PDI due to filthy car | Only saw imperfect paint at delivery time | Need advice

Honestly, its difficult to get a new car, as many people here have already pointed out however, getting a good deal because of this is your best bet.

Don't get anything done by the dealership instead, take the delivery, get the car inspected by a reputed detailer and get the work done from them and the dealership should pay/reimburse the money. And please take this in Writing in front of the Area Manager of OEM.

See, these mishaps are common within the first month of ownership for majority, so why not make use of this to get a better deal? Its a win-win situation for all.
Old 24th November 2022, 18:20   #17
BHPian

Re: Incomplete PDI due to filthy car | Only saw imperfect paint at delivery time | Need advice

It has been a month since OP started this post. So not sure if he has taken delivery of the car or not. If he hasn't yet, the only option is to fight with the manufacturer. Escalate and keep escalating, contact the heads of the company via Twitter, share them the link of your team-bhp post so that they'll try to downplay the issue with some sort of agreement with you.
Old 24th November 2022, 19:41   #18
BHPian

Unfortunately the govt of India works only for those with pull and jugaad and you would have walked away with a payout of a few lacs in a month by using your power. Alas, you are a common man so the best advise is to take delivery if already registered and get the dealership to pay for a detailing job, if they even accep this. Else there's not much one can do for such an issue
Old 27th November 2022, 10:18   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dular View Post
Dear Team BHP,

I am looking for your help and suggestions to the problem I am currently facing regarding the delivery of my car.
It happened with my new Seltos x line few days back, PDI was done in the exact same way and at delivery two small dents were covered under the ribbon flowers they stuck on the bonnet. I took them to task and posted the pic with detail on social media, warning them that if the dent wasn't remedied the fight will go on to traditional media plus consumer redressal forum.
The dealer immediately called for the car and replaced the whole bonnet new.

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th November 2022 at 11:16. Reason: Quoted post trimmed.
Old 27th November 2022, 11:14   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dular View Post
The dealer is only offering polishing on the surface (bonnet) to remove the decoloring but I am afraid whether it is just a temporary solution. Maybe after a few weeks/month the decoloring will appear again when the polish wears out. The experts can chime in their opinion on this matter.
You have not mentioned the model of car in question. Usually, most premium cars have multiple layers.

Look how I got my 7 series in 2019
Incomplete PDI due to filthy car | Only saw imperfect paint at delivery time | Need advice-whatsapp-image-20221127-11.10.33-am.jpeg

and check here how it looks in 2022.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi...s-delhi-3.html (Professional Car Detailing - Dazzle Detailers (Delhi))

Take to some good detailer instead of letting showroom guys try to fix it. Instead, see if they can give you free accessories or rebates to cover the expenses.

I won't let a paid car remain with the dealership for a small issue.
Old 28th November 2022, 10:23   #21
BHPian

Thank you everyone for the supporting posts and suggestions.

Unfortunately, I had been too busy with work related travels so updating after long.

So, this is the current situation:
I was forced delivery by the dealership since they started arm twisting me further by saying that the car will be further damaged if you don't take the delivery. The dealership said they will not bear any responsibility to further damage since you are not taking delivery.

I tried a lot calling the OEM, sending emails but got no support from them. I was left at the mercy of the dealership. Finally, on 4th Nov, I was left with not option but to take delivery fearing more issues with the car by paying the complete balance.

The dealer was not willing to get the bonnet replaced or repainted. He was not willing to do anything since by accepting the paint issue would have left him guilty.

I will be sharing the complete sales experience in a separate thread soon.
Old 8th December 2022, 12:03   #22
BHPian

What car is it ? And I don’t see any pics either. Very little information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks