Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2022, 14:48   #76
BHPian

Re: Yet another VAG injector issue: Denied warranty. VW Polo rots in EVM service center for 16 month

VW/Skoda not paying any attention to these is a bit of a put off as they manufacture some of the best driver focussed cars. After driving a Polo & Vento, i am left wanting for more in cars like Verna, Seltos, Sonet, Ciaz.

That said, other manufacturers dont give you the terrible heartaches that these siblings are known to give. Believe it or not, I have a DSG fund (a recurring deposit) for any untoward failure. I started this back in 2016 when i purchsed the Vento. Till now, touchwood, apart from ABS sensors on the Vento, nothing has cranked off & have been able to keep the fund as is.

My personal experience with VW BU Bhandari (Pune) and VW Downtown (Mumbai) has been exceptional. VW should definitely have a good dealer / service centre development program to address these issues.
Old 15th December 2022, 15:47   #77
BHPian

Re: Yet another VAG injector issue: Denied warranty. VW Polo rotting in service center for 16 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Feel sorry for the customer. Along with VW, EVM as a brand also will take a hit – I believe the same group run the dealership for many other brands like BMW, Mini, MG, Nissan etc. in Kochi.
VG wont be able to take any action on EVM. They are too big for VW to annoy them. I beleive that is the exact case here
nettooran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 16:24   #78

Re: Yet another VAG injector issue: Denied warranty. VW Polo rots in EVM service center for 16 month

Sad to see that EVM is the dealership in question here. They are an extremely big brand in Kerala with many dealerships across Central Kerala- VW, Skoda, Honda 2 wheelers, Nissan, MG, BMW, Mini and most recently they've also taken up Kerala's first BYD showroom. I doubt VW will be able to contact EVM to resolve this case.
Old 15th December 2022, 18:41   #79
Team-BHP Support

EVM was quick to respond to these protests, if not in terms of servicing the car or helping the customer. Protest is now stopped temporarily till this injunction can be addressed in court.

Quote:
Due to the untiring efforts and immense support from the media, dear friends and automobile enthusiasts, I was able to reach to a vast audience about the pathetic status of my car.
As I have received an injunction order from honourable court of law, I willingly discontinue my strike. As a law abiding citizen I humbly submit my concern in the court.
I would like to thank each one who stood besides me for this cause, and i expect to get this support for my all future efforts. Thank you so much

PS- Attaching the copy of the Injunction order
Yet another VAG injector issue: Denied warranty. VW Polo rots in EVM service center for 16 months!-screenshot_20221215_183146_adobe-acrobat.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th December 2022 at 18:59.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 23:03   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
EVM was quick to respond to these protests, if not in terms of servicing the car or helping the customer. Protest is now stopped temporarily till this injunction can be addressed in court.
I was wondering when the dealership will use the law to shutdown his voice and here we have it.

This is thuggery, plain and simple. I say this based on the facts presented.
1. The customer has proved there was not water in the fuel.
2. Even if the fuel was adulterated, VW needs better filters to handle the fuel conditions of the country.
3. This is a known issue with VAG cars
4. Harassing the customer for months on end without providing a resolution and then using law to shut him down is corporate thuggery

VW, Skoda: Keep digging, one mild shock and you will be caved it.
mac187 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 00:06   #81
BHPian

Re: Yet another VAG injector issue: Denied warranty. VW Polo rotting in service center for 16 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
I wonder what would be the fate of the car after this ordeal. Justice from court may be delivered late, but what about the car which was made to stand idle in these harsh conditions for 16 long months ?
It will face the same fate that Harish Kanchan's Skoda Fabia faced. It will become unrecognisable by the time the court case will be over, a total rust bucket filled with animals and plants.

This is assuming the rest of the story will go the way Harish's story went. But if VAG India executives care about the brands survival here, they would offer Kiran a solution and close this case quick. From what i understand, he still loves the brand despite being treated like crap by them, that alone should have forced VW to make up their minds.

Kiran, if you're reading this, I'm sorry. I don't mean to dishearten you but we all know how slow the wheels of our justice system turns. Maybe if you can also make other people in your film circle pick up this news, that might force VW to finally help you with this.

Last edited by SaiSW : 16th December 2022 at 00:09.
SaiSW is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 08:53   #82
Team-BHP Support

Kiran writes in regarding the first reply he received from Volkswagen that too was soon deleted.

Quote:
Am extremely glad and equally surprised to see this reply under my FB post from @volkswagen This is the FIRST EVER reply made by the Volkswagen for all my efforts for the past 16 months to communicate my grievances with them. But this fact also made me dishearten that the reply was deleted within 5 minutes of the same.

The reply clearly mentioned that its not a manufacturing defect but defect that to be cleared under insurance. So deletion of the post also gives a clue that this is clearly a manufacturing defect and not accidental damage to be claimed by insurance.

I have also got a survey report from the insurance company attached herewith stating it is definitely a manufacturing defect which already being submitted to court of law and lab test report from a government lab indicating that none of the damage is caused by deliberate or accidental spillage of water into fuel. So it's pure DIESEL(no water content).

PS: Attaching the copy of fuel test report from the Govt Lab and the Survey report from the insurance company.
Thank you🙏
Yet another VAG injector issue: Denied warranty. VW Polo rots in EVM service center for 16 months!-kiran.aravindakshanpost2022_12_17_20_113.jpg

Yet another VAG injector issue: Denied warranty. VW Polo rots in EVM service center for 16 months!-kiran.aravindakshanpost2022_12_17_20_1111.jpg

Yet another VAG injector issue: Denied warranty. VW Polo rots in EVM service center for 16 months!-kiran.aravindakshanpost2022_12_17_20_1121.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2022, 09:18   #83
Senior - BHPian

The Diesel filter (water separator) in 1.5TDI Polos have a water sensor on the bottom. The job of the Diesel filter is to separate the water out of the fuel before it goes into the high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) and then to the injectors. Job of the water sensor is to light up the warning lamp if water is separated out of the diesel and it settles in the bottom of the filter.

So if water damaged the HPFP and injectors of this 1.5TDI then its obvious that the diesel filter aka water separator did not do its job well. The water sensor did not light up the warning lamp either.

So either ways you look at it water/no water in fuel there is a defect.
Sankar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 08:23   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Job of the water sensor is to light up the warning lamp if water is separated out of the diesel and it settles in the bottom of the filter.
On top of this, VW Polo got no warning lamp for water in the fuel filter !
Old 12th December 2023, 16:50   #85
BHPian

I think the people who sing paens to this so called German brand are equally to blame. The Polo TDI engine is noisier than that of our diesel Ambies. We still shout out how smooth they are. The Hyundai diesel engines are streets ahead of these TDI engines but people bring in all sorts of technical stuff to muddy up things and call them cheap Korean. I was to EVM Kochi yesterday and they still are running promotional videos citing the three reasons to buy a VWW as German, German, German. Really horrendous
TopLiveCentre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2024, 11:48   #86
BHPian

What was the final resolution to this issue, if anyone is aware, since another year has gone by?
rejeen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks