Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2022, 21:02   #1
BHPian

Renault Triber | Petrol level indicator blinking | Engine not starting

Hello,

Please check the attached gif file.

This is very strange. I show the video to one person; he said that rat may have eaten wires related to petrol tank. As per him, he has to remove the petrol tank and get it fix. Is it true?

Car has completed 3rd service (2nd year service) in Oct 22. I have extended warranty. So if I gave him car to fix it, will that create problem with warranty? Or should I call renault service center?

Please help.
Attached Images

Old 19th December 2022, 22:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault Triber | Petrol level indicator blinking | Engine not starting

Yep, that is a rat bite, wiring to fuel pump to be checked. Can easily make out when you turn on ignition, the pump will not prime. (You hear no buzz)
DRIV3R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 15:28   #3
BHPian

I can hear ignition sound.

The person said that he has to remove petrol tank to do the wiring. will that cause warranty issue with Renualt?

Charges will be Rs. 2000 minimum and may be more if there will be more issue.

I had message service center but no reply yet. This is Xmas time so they are already busy and may not deliver the car soon. I am thinking to go with the garage walla as I don't see any better solution.
Old 20th December 2022, 15:33   #4
BHPian

If the car is in warranty please do NOT go to a garage walla. Better to wait it out and go through warranty process.
TorqMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 15:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

What does the user manual say about this?

When did you last fill fuel - any possibility of fuel contamination?

If the fuel pump primes (buzzing/whirring sound when the ignition is switched on, before cranking/starting) and the car doesn't start, it points to no fuel supply reaching the injectors.

A shot in the dark - try to disconnect the battery mains (so as to reset the ECM) and reconnect; if it was a wrong signal, may be it will disappear!

Error could also be the result of faulty sensor.
Old 20th December 2022, 22:48   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Have a good look at what vrprabhu wrote!

It might be rats, but there could be other causes too. Not sure why the tank would have to come out. It all depends where the rats, if it where rats, have bitten through. If accessible you can just splice it!

But all sorts of other reasons can cause this problem, in leuning a bad ground/mass connection.

Did you check the manual? Make sure this is not a legitimate error indication mentioned in the manual!

Good luck

Jeroen
Old 21st December 2022, 12:57   #7
BHPian

Re: Renault Triber | Petrol level indicator blinking | Engine not starting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
If the car is in warranty please do NOT go to a garage walla. Better to wait it out and go through warranty process.
This is Xmas time; I won't get the car before 24th Dec as I have to go on trip and need the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
What does the user manual say about this?

When did you last fill fuel - any possibility of fuel contamination?

If the fuel pump primes (buzzing/whirring sound when the ignition is switched on, before cranking/starting) and the car doesn't start, it points to no fuel supply reaching the injectors.

A shot in the dark - try to disconnect the battery mains (so as to reset the ECM) and reconnect; if it was a wrong signal, may be it will disappear!

Error could also be the result of faulty sensor.
User manual doesn't say anything. I searched youtube video but nothing there.

I filled fuel few days back and ran the car multiple times.

No fuel pump issue. No such sound.

Already tried disconnecting the battery and reconnect. I also called battery walla to check the battery. He listen the sound and told me that it is not battery issue.

Rat is the problem. He ate whatever he likes.

See the photo. Don't know what more damage has done. Garage person is working on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber | Petrol level indicator blinking | Engine not starting-rat.jpeg  

Old 21st December 2022, 20:58   #8
BHPian

Update: The garage person failed to find the problem. He will try tomorrow. I hope he can fix it.
DarkEraser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2022, 13:39   #9
BHPian

Thank you for all for trying to help me.

Finally, garage walla fixed the car. But as per him rat was still in engine area.

One person suggested me Rat Spray. As per him we have to spray in engine area and it work till 3 months. I purchased it. the shopkeeper told me to spray normally as we spray air freshner in engine area and repeat after 45 days. Such way one bottle will give 1 year of protection. Let's see how it works.
Old 16th February 2023, 13:15   #10

I would advise till atleast you have warranty, approach service centre for such issues. Firstly, because problem identification may be more accurate or faster. Secondly, it will help avoid creation of any additional problems and avoid any affect on warranty. Eventually they are supposed to be trained personnel and we expect them to identify / solve the issue. Getting repair from outside might be cost effective at times but for major works better to approach service center especially if there is warranty cover.
Old 17th February 2023, 09:09   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEraser View Post

Car has completed 3rd service (2nd year service) in Oct 22. I have extended warranty. So if I gave him car to fix it, will that create problem with warranty? Or should I call renault service center?

Please help.
Please do not give it to your FNG or anywhere else but the dealership because your vehicle is in warranty and if they get a whiff of this they will wash their hands off and blame you for taking your vehicle to a third party which voids your warranty automatically. Contact the authorised dealer and follow the process as long as the car is in warranty. God Speed

Last edited by DrZhivago : 17th February 2023 at 09:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks