Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2023, 16:05   #1
BHPian

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai

As the weekend was approaching, I decided to visit the bustling Marine Beach in Pattinapakkam to pick up some fresh fish. On my way back, I stopped at the HP Petrol Pump - Sarathy Service Station in Mandaveli to fill up my car with fuel. As I was waiting for the tank to fill up, a group of people approached me and offered to remove the scratches on my car for free, as a demo of their product.

I had noticed the unsightly marks on my car before and had been meaning to buy compounds to remove them, but never got around to it. Intrigued, I asked them how long it would take to show me the demo, and they said just 2-3 minutes. They even offered to remove the scratches entirely for a small fee if I was interested. It seemed like a good deal, and I couldn't resist the offer.

The group of people showed me how to use their product by following a simple three-step process. First, they sprayed the Dashboard Shiner onto the scratches. Then, they washed it off with a cloth and applied the stain remover. The result was amazing - the scratches were removed completely, leaving behind a smooth and polished surface.

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-1.jpg

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-2.jpg

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-3.jpg

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-4.jpg

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-5.jpg

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-6.jpg

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-7.jpg

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-8.jpg

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-9.jpg

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-10.jpg

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-11.jpg

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-12.jpg

I was impressed with their demonstration and asked them to show me the same technique on a few other scratches. To my amazement, they almost completely removed 4-5 additional scratches from my car!

Now, as for the price, the product cost 1099 rupees, as per the bill. However, when I asked the group for the final price, they informed me that if I bought two packs, they would completely remove all of the scratches on my car and even clean the interior dashboard for free! As tempting as it sounded, I didn't have much time, and I knew I didn't need two packs. In the end, I bought just one pack of the product. I had been waiting to purchase it online for a long time, but after seeing their impressive demo, I just had to have it!

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-13.jpg

Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai-14.jpg

After I made my purchase, the group went above and beyond to ensure that my car was in the best condition possible. Not only did they remove the scratches that I had pointed out, but they also applied a black arch shiner to my car's wheels. They were incredibly thorough and wouldn't stop until I was completely satisfied. Additionally, they even checked the air nitrogen in my tires!

I couldn't help but notice how polite and friendly they were throughout the entire process. As we were finishing up, another car pulled up, and they even cleared a few scratches for that person without any pressure to make a purchase. Their genuine kindness and excellent service made me feel grateful for stumbling upon their product.
raptor_diwan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 17:14   #2
BHPian

re: Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai

Really sorry to inform you but looks like you've fallen for one of the oldest scams in the book. Have a read of this: My Rs.525 lesson in stupidity at a Petrol Pump Station (My Rs.525 lesson in stupidity at a Petrol Pump Station.)

IMHO, never let anyone spray anything on your car, as there is no guarantee what damage the product could do, even if it looks great immediately.

Whenever these guys come close to me at the Petrol station, I give them a strict NO and they walk away.

Ps. The scam is that their product may work initially (no guarantee about any long term damage), but the products they sell you are different and worth nothing.

PPS. The spelling on the labels of the products are enough to doubts its authenticity: ACRELIC instead of ACRYLIC, SHINNER instead of SHINER, LAMINTION instead of LAMINATION!

Last edited by s4ch : 4th March 2023 at 17:16.
s4ch is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 18:01   #3
BHPian

re: Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
IMHO, never let anyone spray anything on your car, as there is no guarantee what damage the product could do, even if it looks great immediately.

Ps. The scam is that their product may work initially (no guarantee about any long term damage), but the products they sell you are different and worth nothing.
Thank you for letting me know and for sharing your experience. I appreciate the advice and will definitely keep it in mind for future reference. Although I haven't used this product on my windshield yet, I have checked other places where it has been applied and haven't noticed any oily mess. I'll definitely share a review of this product after using it a few times on my motorcycle may be.
Old 6th January 2024, 12:59   #4
BHPian

Re: Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
:I'll definitely share a review of this product after using it a few times on my motorcycle may be.
Same product and some other guys gave a demo at IOC pump opp.to Chrompet GH today and i somehow contained my temptation to buy their offer at Rs. 900 thinking to check in our forum and got this thread. Like mentioned in another thread (My Rs.525 lesson in stupidity at a Petrol Pump Station.), in 10min after he sprayed in the interior dashboard, feeling sour throat. Might have to do with bad chemicals. Were you able to use it? How is the experience?
IMHO, while it does the job, the chemical used is the question and I didn't see the composition/ingredients in any of the 3 cans.

Last edited by Innysta : 6th January 2024 at 13:14. Reason: Rephrased
Old 6th January 2024, 13:18   #5
BHPian

Re: Car scratch removal at HP petrol pump | Mandaveli, Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innysta View Post
Same product and some other guys gave a demo at IOC pump opp.to Chrompet GH today and i somehow contained my temptation to buy their offer at Rs. 900 thinking to check in our forum and got this thread. Were you able to use it? How is the experience?
IMHO, while it does the job, the chemical used is the question and I didn't see the composition/ingredients in any of the 3 cans.
I'm still using it, and it works really well. Throughout the year, my car has acquired a few more scratches, especially in tight traffic, but this product does wonders. Friends bring their cars to me to use it on their vehicles for scratch removal, and there haven't been any issues on the treated areas—no paint chipping or visibility problems. It does its job, and honestly, I don't feel like I got shortchanged. It accomplishes what it needs to do, and the results appear to be permanent; scratches don't come back. ( Only for minor scratches )
raptor_diwan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks