Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2007, 17:51   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Electronic stability programme works?

Hello all,

I have searched the forum before posting this thread. Hope it is not a repeat thread.

I was driving on a highway today and I was negotiating a curve at 120KMPH in Skoda Laura (manual). I was expecting the ESP to kick in and slow me down or assist the steering, etc. - it did seem like a good time for the ESP do its job. Nothing happened. Or that is what i think.

I am a safe driver - just that road was empty, the curve is a not too sharp and I was curious. You wont find me doing these stunts again. How to find out if ESP is in action? I mean is there a way to find ESP did something?

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th July 2007, 18:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK ESP kicks in when you make sudden steering inputs to your car. check out this clip in the link below, It shows a car in action with and without esp.

Last edited by heavy_foot : 14th July 2007 at 18:14.
Old 16th July 2007, 11:37   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

the owners manual says ESP icon will light-up on the instrument panel whenever an ESP control cycle is activated. I don't think anything icon flashed on the instrument panel while during this curve. I guess it was not a dangerous situation according to the computerji. ESP kicks in only if the wheel skids?

Most Viewed