Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2008, 09:08   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Two things
1. driveshaft
2. tierod and tierod ends.

check that rubber boot is not damaged and leaking grease. if yes your axle is had. it can be repaired but best bet would be to go for new (Rs.3600 MGP)

if you hear similar sound even when driving over speed breakers, then tierod and ends are damaged, they are quite cheap.
Thanks for the answer, not bothered for the money, because I suppose its under warranty (Extended 2+2) and car has done only 6 months! But my question is if axle is damaged, should I go for a change immediately or wait for sometime. What are the possible consequences if I dont change it now?
And whether MGPs are at par the products fitted in a new car? Why I am asking this question - after changing the air cleaner, it does not look same as was fitted in the new car, dont know regarding efficiency.

regards
Old 8th April 2008, 16:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

you should not neglect serious stuff as axle. you should change it immediately. If the boot is damaged , i don't think it will cover under warranty.

some product of mGP i avoid. for eg: clutch provided by mgp is not good, i prefer Valeo.
Old 8th April 2008, 16:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
They do charge for towing, but not something very high..
And the problem may be due to the immobilizer. I think there should be someway to reset the immobilizer using the remote itself. I had a similar experience once. The car suddenly refused to start, and not even the cranking sound was there. Called the helpline and the guy at the helpline told me to lock and unlock twice using the remote .After that the car came back to life again. BTW mine is a much old car and so the same may not have worked with your car's system..
Regards
Kaushik
Immobiliser does not come with a remote.It could be checked or rectified at the A.S.S.I think its nothing to worry about buddie,be cool things will be ok.
ram
Old 8th April 2008, 16:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallubhai View Post
I have bought Wagon R Duo in Sept' 07, having some or other problem thereafter. I will discuss them in detail later, but currently the main 2 problems are as follows:

1) Sounds under the bonnet - "THUD" sound while starting the car after waiting a while in traffic light, its irregular. My driver opened the bonnet and found that the clamp of the air cleaner has opened, he fixed it. It happened 3-4 times and then we reported it to the service centre in the 2nd service. Mechanic changed it without any fuss, saying that may be air cleaner was not ok. Just 7 days back it happened again and when this time the one of the two clamp was broken, I called the service station guy and told him regarding the incident. He told me to come to the centre for a check up. I will be sending it today? What could be the reason/s?

2) There is some knocking / "KHAT KHAT" sound from steering with maximum turning to right when the car is started from standing position or in minimal speed. This sound is absent when the car is having moderate speed.
The service guys are saying the problem is with the 'Diasper' or Axle and it needs to be changed. What do you suggest guys should I go for a change of axle of a new car or wait for some time. What could be the other reasons?
This THUD happens to arise in all aftermarket LPG cars.First time i hear about this from a WR duo.THis in all probability is due to the improper combustion and the solution is to change the plug wiring kit.It disappeared in our old cielo after changing the wires when we faced this issue.
ram
Old 8th April 2008, 23:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
This THUD happens to arise in all aftermarket LPG cars.First time i hear about this from a WR duo.THis in all probability is due to the improper combustion and the solution is to change the plug wiring kit.It disappeared in our old cielo after changing the wires when we faced this issue.
ram
Please go through this review appered in mouthshut .....MARUTI WAGON R DUO Review

Owner has categorically told about the problem and how it was rectified
Old 9th April 2008, 12:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Two things
1. driveshaft
2. tierod and tierod ends.

It could be the drivehsaft (axle). but your car is quite new, strange!

Do one thing. turn your steering to extreme right. and chk underneath. you will see something like image below.

check that rubber boot is not damaged and leaking grease. if yes your axle is had. it can be repaired but best bet would be to go for new (Rs.3600 MGP)

if you hear similar sound even when driving over speed breakers, then tierod and ends are damaged, they are quite cheap.
Wow, a drive shaft issue in 6 months !! Looks like many WagonRs have this issue. Mine started giving that telltale driveshaft sound around 2 years after I bought it. It happens only when I take a u-turn to the right, with the steering fully turned to the right.
I was put off that this came so soon in a car that had done only 17000 kms on the odo, whereas my 800 had developed this issue only at 50000 kms.
I am living with it as it is not that bad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks